Importing a CCKW

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
gmcjimmy1944
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Importing a CCKW

Post by gmcjimmy1944 »

Hi List,
I thought I'd ask the list about importing a non-running cckw. It is the tipper truck from Austria on ebay now. Any idea on cost? Is it worth it to import the cckw to US. Asking price is $2400.

Thanks,
Bill S
m38cdnbill
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Importing a CCKW

Post by m38cdnbill »

gmcjimmy1944 wrote:Any idea on cost?... Asking price is $2400.
Hi Bill,

It's the right price. Another option is possible with the car carrier Roll On-Roll Off vessel. In this case, the shipment by car carrier is less expensive and offers weather-proof transportation. The vehicle will be driven onboard the vessel, secured for transit below decks, sealed from the elements, and driven off at destination. However, the vehicle must be in drivable condition with working brakes.

Cheers from Canada
Guy aka M38CDNBill
1945 Willys MB
1942 Chevrolet G7107
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Well freight is tough. I just bought passage on a 42 foot container for 2 salt spreaders for the company from the Netherlands to Boston. Weight was about 11000# Price was $4900.

That did not include any duty.

I understand that shipping to Halifax NS is considerably cheaper but then you have to pay for trucking.

In my previous life I worked for a Euro car company. We had RO-RO's stop in the port of Providence. Shipping was about $1200 per vehicle. (I guess the length of the cckw would be considered 2 cars). While it is cheaper, anything that is not bolted down is gonna get lifted.

For either method...find a Euro based broker and get a landed quote.
m38cdnbill
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re:

Post by m38cdnbill »

weasel_nut wrote: Price was $4900.
Oups! The price grows up since 2002 while a group a 60 Belgians came in Canada with their 25 HMVs.

Cheers from Canada
Guy aka M38CDNBill
1945 Willys MB
1942 Chevrolet G7107
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by John V Cliche »

Hey Bill

Why don't you just buy Weasel Nut's 352 with winch for $5000.00 it is less than 100 mi from you and I bet you could arrive at a mutual agreement on towing.

To me this seems to make more economic sense than paying nearly $5000.00 just to ship a vehicle not including the vehicle price.

Hope this info helps
John.
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
Cat Man
Major
Major

Importing CCKW into US

Post by Cat Man »

Bill,

A CCKW will go inside an ISO shipping container for shipment to US. Contact Kevin Kronlund at WWW.ArmyCarsusa.com. He is in Spooner WI. Kevin is always shipping MHV's to and from Europe to the US. He knows how its done. His phone number is 715-635-9203

My understanding is there is no import duty because the CCKW was "Made In The USA". Kevin has 18 running CCKW's for sale. Your choice of options.

After owning several CCKW projects, my advise, spend the money and buy a running truck. as complete as possible. It WILL BE CHEAPER IN THE END.

Good Hunting

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day