ROUND MIRRORS MUST BE SCARCE

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ROUND MIRRORS MUST BE SCARCE

Post by joel gopan »

I notice many European CCKWs have oblong mirrors that stick out like a sore thumb. The Round King Bee Repros are 99.9% accurate, and they are what were on the Chevrolet 4X4 and CCKW from the factory. I have a few NOS in the GM pack WWII KingBee Mirrors and when side by side, the difference is negligible. I like to refer customers in Europe to Eagle Jeep Parts for these.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Matt
Major
Major

Mirrors

Post by Matt »

Hi Joel,

We do have the repro KingBee mirrors over here,as you say they are a nice copy.I think the reason many CCKW owners in the UK and Europe use bigger mirrors is safety,especially in the UK where we drive on the "wrong" side of the road!! my LeRoi will have a single KingBee once it's finished,which BTW is illegal here,the law expects two mirrors.

Matt.
March 1942 Dodge WC-56 Command Car,1229th QM.
Oct.1943 Dodge WC-52 Weapons Carrier,854th BS.
Jan.1943 CCKW LeRoi Compressor.