THE 40'S

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
42cckw
Captain
Captain

THE 40'S

Post by 42cckw »

Does anyone else use there cckw for anything other than parades. Just finished haying the second crop today, my other passion besides mv's are old farm tractors (John Deere's) I have six tractors and helped a friend finish up his fields today. We used my 1937 JD A to pull a hay wagon, my 1941 JD AW with a late 1940's vintage JD # 5 mower to cut the hay, a 1941 JD B to till the hay and a 1946 farmall M with a 1940's vintage JD 14T baler to bale the hay, and the best for last, even thou she wasn't hauling troops up to the front or jerry cans full of gas to patton's 3rd army tanks we used my 1942 gmc cckw 353 to haul the hay to the barn. She could haul 70 bales a trip and after 10 trips and 700 bales later (not counting the hay wagon loads) we finished. Still working and earning her keep after 60++ years later, GMC what a truck :!: You should of heard the sounds in the air from the poppin johnny's to the gmc 270 what wonderfull music we were playing, boy do I like the 40's. :D

JIM 42CCKW
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

I grew up on a cotton plantation in Louisiana and we had five old 1930's John Deere G models. We also had a little A model and as time progressed we added some later versions that had electric starters rather than the old fly wheel start thing. I never got one of those, my grandfather felt it was best for a teenager to build his body by pulling that old flywheel through .
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans