LEAD PICTURE SWB CCKW

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
Karoshi
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re:

Post by Karoshi »

mmoore wrote:........... I'am no expert on the subject, but I question the flag being hung on the back of any vehicle....

Well it was simple expedient, I couldn't see **** all when it was up front.
Discression was the better option of running over some little kid at the event. [ 10,000 in attendance, 3000 other MV,s ]

Yes its 37/4th but why would Georgie let me off that fine? Flaws included.

Karoshi
mmoore
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by mmoore »

Karoshi, didn't know you had that much traffic to deal with, there is no question about your truck, she is a beauty, and the picture is award winning too.
Karoshi
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Karoshi »

For those that haven’t been the Beltring meet its unusual in that there is a huge amount of vehicle movement, within the site. Vehicles are at liberty to come and go at leisure and this adds to the 'living feel' of the event. Of course many of the exhibits remain static but several hundreds freely roam the site, visiting, mobilising to and from the area or just cruising.

You're sat taking a quiet beer in the campsite and suddenly an armoured column of 10 tanks rumbles by....just cruising with no particular place to go. Or perhaps a patrol of 20-30 GI's in full kit pace past keeping rhythm to some cadence song. Or maybe a jeep column passes with 7 yes 7 MB/GPW's in tandem tow, all strung behind a Hummvee, why...hell I don't know, just because.

Or perhaps you get to see a lone T34 dripping with Russian clad infantry singing Kalinka to a squeeze box,... just going to the beer tent.

All this and more happens routinely within the site whilst the fee paying public [in their thousands] mingle amongst them. 'Mind you toes dear'

A large flag on the front was very soon a no, no. Stroller vs. GMC, no contest. I'm very pleased to announce that not a single kid got flattened in the whole week.

If there is a 'flag etiquette' for MV's I would be very pleased to learn.

Karoshi
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Title 36, United States Code, Chapter 10

SS 175. Position and Manner of display

(b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar; the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
One of my duties as a member of the American Legion, is that of Sergeant-at-Arms. The Sergeant-at-Arms is te flag etiquette person and should be well informed on proper flag display. I am also a member of the 40/8 and ceremonies in that organization are conducted in French, the person who is responsible for flag ettiquette is the Drapeau (Flag Keeper) We tend to be outspoken when the U.S. Flag is discovered to be displayed in an improper manner.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Karoshi
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Karoshi »

Please forgive my ignorance here but for those of us Non-Americans, what actually is the 'United States Code' and its titles.

Is this a 'code of practice' or some statute of law, and how does it relate to the populus? or is it a military thing?

Joel is your interpretation that I infringed that code?

Karoshi[/i]
Karoshi
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Karoshi »

....and Off Topic could someone tell me why I sometimes get a double post, when its NOT intentional? Sorry.

Karoshi
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Karoski,

You can just go back to the second post and click the little "x" in the box in the upper right hand side. It will delete the post.

The double post is because of SQL server issues with my hosting company.

It stalls and we all get a little impatient so we hit submit a second time. Sometimes we don't even hit submit and it logs another send. Thus resulting in 2 posts.

I have been making a stink with them about this issue and the infrequent slowness of the message board. There response is that I can update to the next tier of service at substantially more $$$$. Right now that is not in the cards.

Again if you double post just follow the step above.

Bill
1945 GMC DUKW
1942 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB,
1944 Chevy 325 Fire Truck
1942 WC-54 Ambulance
1944 M29C Weasel (x6)
1945 CCKW 353 A2 Open Cab "Air-portable"
1943 M5 High Speed Tractor
1942 Sperry Searchlight setup with GE Generator
1942 M-1 Fruehauf Searchlight Trailer (G221)
1942 M-17 Fruehauf Quad 50 Trailer (G221)
1942 M-10 Ammo Trailer (x3)
194? Steel Ben Hur (x4) 194? Wood Ben Hur (x2)
1945 Case VAIW-3 Aircraft Tug
1943 Case VAI USAAF with Mower
1944 Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
1944 PE-95G, 1944 PE-99B
Karoshi
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re:

Post by Karoshi »

weasel_nut wrote:Karoski,

You can just go back to the second post and click the little "x" in the box in the upper right hand side. It will delete the post.

Bill
Tried that, I didn't work............. ain't technology great.

Karoski
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

The U.S. Code are all the laws enforced by the US Government. I am not an attorney, but for example, Title 10 is the volume containing Military Law, Title 38 is the Volume dealing with Veterans, Law etc. These are the laws pertaining to everything within US Government jurisdiction.
Joel
Last edited by joel gopan on Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re:

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Karoshi wrote:
weasel_nut wrote:Karoski,

Bill
Tried that, I didn't work............. ain't technology great.

Karoski
I will have to go in as the big bad Admin and fix it.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Don't worry I double posted too today.

Bill
1945 GMC DUKW
1942 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB,
1944 Chevy 325 Fire Truck
1942 WC-54 Ambulance
1944 M29C Weasel (x6)
1945 CCKW 353 A2 Open Cab "Air-portable"
1943 M5 High Speed Tractor
1942 Sperry Searchlight setup with GE Generator
1942 M-1 Fruehauf Searchlight Trailer (G221)
1942 M-17 Fruehauf Quad 50 Trailer (G221)
1942 M-10 Ammo Trailer (x3)
194? Steel Ben Hur (x4) 194? Wood Ben Hur (x2)
1945 Case VAIW-3 Aircraft Tug
1943 Case VAI USAAF with Mower
1944 Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
1944 PE-95G, 1944 PE-99B