Mick...What is the story behind this picture????

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Mick...What is the story behind this picture????

Post by Bill_Wolf »

http://www.514th.co.uk/images/W&P2005/2.jpg

Interesting shot...can you elaborate please?

Great site your group has...looks like fun!

Bill

(NOTE: An interesting situation here guys with posting pictures. Even though I copied the location it won't bring up the picture. I believe it is that this software does not recognize the syntax of the address...specifically the use of the ampersand "&" in the picture url. If you want to post stuff up here don't use the & in the picture file name.)
mick.wilson
Captain
Captain

Post by mick.wilson »

Hi Bill,
The photo comes from this years War & Peace Show, some of the guys that we re-enact battles with (29th Infantry) had a small battle scenario in the corner of the re-enactment field and they gave a good performance of the 29th Infantry attacking and German gun emplacement, we where in the main battle in the afternoon, we came in as infantry after the main troops had gone in, there is a film from the Germen side of the battle, that you can just see us lot de-bussing from the halftracks in the distance. http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/d ... hp?id=8067

Mick.

ImageImageImage

514th Q.M T.C We deliver everything, except babies
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Thanks for the info,

What are the Dragons teeth made out of?...I am assuming it is not Concrete because of weight.

How about the pill box?

Bill
mick.wilson
Captain
Captain

Post by mick.wilson »

All from Plywood and paint, on the last day the pill box was burnt.

Mick
Last edited by mick.wilson on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

bobc
Captain
Captain

very cool set

Post by bobc »

I'd love to get to that show some day,that was a ver good set. I wonder if my wife would let me do one like that in my front yard? I found a LCM that a constuction company has and I always wanted to build a small pond with a beach,them park my halftrack on the landing gate,be a great place to stage war games.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
mick.wilson
Captain
Captain

Re: very cool set

Post by mick.wilson »

bobc wrote:I'd love to get to that show some day,that was a ver good set. I wonder if my wife would let me do one like that in my front yard? I found a LCM that a constuction company has and I always wanted to build a small pond with a beach,them park my halftrack on the landing gate,be a great place to stage war games.

Hi bobc,
Your more than welcome to come over and stay at our Red Ball scenario at the next War and Peace ?, we need more drivers, to many trucks and not enough drivers.
ImageImageImage