Freight is a killer now.

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Freight is a killer now.

Post by armydriver »

Last April I bought a CCKW hood and it was shipped from Arizona to San Antonio for $70.00. It is not heavy, but is considered an oversized shipment by UPS. I have traded it to a friend in Mobile Alabama, some 600 miles away. That is a lot closer than Arizona but now the freight by UPS is $130.00. With those kind of charges that fender one might need, or hood, or bumper and ect may start to be out of reach financially because of delivery charges.
I have found an alternative to FedEX and UPS. It is a little inconvenient, but a lot cheaper. I shipped the hood by Greyhound Bus. Delivery in one day and total charge, $35.00. You will have to drive to the bus station but delivery time is great and right now the price is right.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
mmoore
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by mmoore »

armydriver, your right about the shipping, I have used greyhound before but it's been along time, and I had forgot about them, so thanks, one must also remember, when going to the military swap meet, and seeing that item you have been searching for, if the price seems a little hight, remember what it cost to ship it..