Fuel Prices

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

I prize my Norwegian Jerry can. Looks like you guys ought to immigrate to USof A, we have got life right by the ass over here. Petrol jumped 36cents a gallon overnight here, due to Hurricane damage to refineries.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Karoshi
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Karoshi »

Wow, 36 cents a gallon jump. That makes a gallon what? ..about $3.70 stateside?

At todays exchange rate I'll cost just over $7.70 in the UK to fill the same can.

Katrina My ASS. Its avarice.

Somebody, please send me a GREEN CARD,...SOMEBODY P.L.E.A.S.E.
UK Jack
Major
Major

Post by UK Jack »

When I was in the US on business in Jan of this year the cabbies were saying that there was going to be another civial war as 'gas' was over $2 a gallon :shock: ..........I said that they want to come to the UK and see our prices the cabbie said 'heck, don't you guys have a riot' I said no all we say is ' we lost the ashes to the Auzzies again' and then moan about something else!

After running a jimmy for a week, I might start a riot as this hobby is bleeding expensive on petrol!
www.hmvf.co.uk
A forum for historic military vehicles - inspired by Bill & CCKW.org!!!

Nothing is permanent in life, except change.
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Between yesterday evening and this morning the lowest octane gas jumped $.22 in a cluster of 3 stations near my house. Diesel went up $.29.

This was not due to a new delivery of fuel or to the recent Hurricane but to pure price greed by the independent dealers using the Hurricane as an excuse to line their pockets. Their are 3 stations clustered together and they all have the same price. I can see price increases on future deliveries to the stations but not before the deliveries which would have been affected by the Hurricane disruption.

I also heard on the radio that December delivery Regular Grade fuel contracts were trading at $3.10 USD. That is before the $.45 federal tax, $.30 New Hampshire State Tax, and the roughly $.22 dealer mark up. Based on this news and factoring out any spot wholesale purchases Gasoline where I live will be $4.07 USD per Gallon.

Maybe I should switch to collecting stamps..... :lol:
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

We can back up a couple years and return to the horse drawn army of the late thirtys.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Obviously this will probably affect how much and where we drive our little gems.

On the bright side, it will make them last longer with fewer repairs/replacement parts....

I want to go back to my $0.25 9/10 gasoline from my yout :D

Steve AKA Dr Deuce with more than 50,000 miles in a cckw!
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re:

Post by Bill_Wolf »

dr deuce wrote:
I want to go back to my $0.25 9/10 gasoline from my yout :D

Holy Crap Doc....How old are you????????? :lol:

My Dad told me that with the scarcity of water at the 97th BG airfields in Italy that they use to wash down the outside of their B-17's with Gasoline. :shock:
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

A couple years older than you... :D

I am not the most senior in age here.....
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

This is a Cash Cow here in Maine, as there is 5% sales Tax on Gasoline, and the inflated price will make our Governor happy.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Gasoline will level out at about 4.00 a gallon. Weasle nut is right about greed as it has more to do with what that dealer can get rather than what they are actually paying for gasoline. Her in San Antonio Tesoro petroleum has stations all over town, but the prices of the gasoline vary greatly as to what the local dealer can get on his street corner, even though the gasoline is all coming from the same refiner and the price is the same to all.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Thundercat97
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Thundercat97 »

Had to laugh when I heard this on the radio last night while driving home.. there is station in LI, NY that is charging 3.40 a gallon while all the other stations around it are selling the same grade for 2.75 a gallon. hmmm.. I wonder why this happens :roll:
Rob

41 WLA (project bike)
42 57mm Anti Tank Gun
42 WC52
42 CCKW 353 Open Cab
43 Diamond T M3 Half-Track
43 WC51
1 Ton Ben Hur Trailer
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

It has to do with what people are willing to pay and if they are paying cash or using a credit card.

Oh, by the way I am 66 years old, who is older to me?
I remember .14 cent gasoline, but I also remember when I was in high school we used to drive to the local oil fields and collect the distilate gasoline in a can and put it in our cars. My 45 MB ran pretty good on the stuff. We called it Moon Light ethyl. :lol: Price was right,,free.
52 M38 Willy's

Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re:

Post by Bill_Wolf »

weasel_nut wrote:Between yesterday evening and this morning the lowest octane gas jumped $.22 in a cluster of 3 stations near my house. Diesel went up $.29.
The above quote was mine from yesterday.

This morning Regular Grade fuel was up another $.20 at the same stations. Diesel jumped $.25.

This is not based on increase in delivered wholesale fuel prices. This is just local greedy station owners using the excuse of the Hurricane to put money in their pockets by increasing their margin on the gas they already have in the ground.

I would expect that fuel prices would have risen steadily to this level over a period of weeks as the wholesale increase reached the inground tanks. It just frosts my butt that these opportunists are taking advantage this quickly.

Bill
bobc
Captain
Captain

gas and greed

Post by bobc »

When the gas company reports a 5 billion profit last quarter it shows the level of greed and stupidity in this country,if everyone stopped buying gas from just Chevron the price would drop,but people in this country are so devided that we can't do anything togather. My answer to this problem was to drag the Cushman truckster out of long term storage,it was disassembled 10 years ago to undergo repairs,so this week I have started to put it togather,it has a 500 pound payload and gets 50 miles to the gallon,this is the most sensible vehicle in my military collection.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Now that is the answer bobc. The gasoline market is greed motivated, more by local dealers than by the suppliers of the fuel. That is the reason the prices vary so much. One station near my home is $3.15 while two other stations have $2.85 for reg. unleaded and another $2.82. What ever they can get is the motivating price, not the price of oil or fuel. Just wait to see the massive increase in prices of fuel oil people use to heat their homes in the northeastern U.S.
52 M38 Willy's

Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re:

Post by Bill_Wolf »

armydriver wrote:Just wait to see the massive increase in prices of fuel oil people use to heat their homes in the northeastern U.S.
Thanks AD from cold New Hampshire.

I have been watching the contract market for oil futures (not because I am an investor but because I want to know what I am going to pay in the Winter). Futures are predicting $3.75 per gallon in mid winter. If it is a really cold Winter the spot market will drive that up to $4.25 per gallon.

I locked in oil in a prebuy situation yesterday at $2.59. I have to send them a check for $2235 (the average of last years gallon purchases). If I had locked the rate on Monday it would have been $2.39. For $50 more if their selling rate goes below $2.59 they will refund me back the difference. The call it price protection.....Sounds like mobster insurance to me :roll:

Last years price at this time was $1.39
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

We locked ours in a few weeks ago, damn lucky.
Joel
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Guys , I feel your pain. I have an all electric home but electricity prices have gone out of sight.
52 M38 Willy's

bobc
Captain
Captain

home heating

Post by bobc »

My area hit 2.99 this afternoon,I guess we should be greatful since it's already past three in alot of places,I filled an extra 40 gallon tank,just in case,another lucky thing we have going is alot of people heat with wood,my house is soley heated by wood,in a really cold winter I use 3 cords,which I already have,so that part dosen't scare me but it's a long walk to town,I think Joels suggestion of horses might not be too far off,there are alot of those around me also. As much complaining as alot of us do at least we still have a home and computer on which to do it,thank God for small miracles and blessings.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck