My first show

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
Tim Baltz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

My first show

Post by Tim Baltz »

After 3 years of work, I took my CCKW 353 to the county fair's car show. Had lots of people looking at it and found a veteren that was in the signal corps in the motor pool and drove a CCKW with the wrecker boom in the back on the cargo bed. landed at Normandy on day+?. There was judging and I won first place in the military vehicle class, I won't say that the only other vehicle was a M170 with all the goodies. Hope the pictures comes out. [/img]

How do I install a picture?
Tim Baltz
Franklin,TN
42' CCKW 353 B2 Closed cab
Reenactor 30th & 101st GR
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Congratulations, and it is fun, ain't it?
We do not have any real MV shows in Maine, but there are Car shows that you can show up to. Last good one we had was in 97, S/SGT Kevin Tilman was Guest of Honor. He is the GI that returned from Desert Storm and borrowed the Sax to play the Star Spangled Banner at Bangor International Airport, the Army gives him "preferred leave" to return to Bangor now and then. 30 Military vehicles were lined up, and security was provided by the Maine Militia. (they have sort of faded from sight over the past few years) One could have left a $100.00 bill on the hood all night and there would be no takers. I took First in wheeled Vehicles with my MB, M-38A1, and CCKW. I felt guilty, as I had easier access to GI parts, most drove longer distances, and probably worked harder to complete their vehicles. Once is enough, I will only display, and leave the fun for others.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

SXhows are fun and you can really dress up your truck for them. In car shows the military vehicles really stand out.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Yes, and some of the Canvas Vendors make "Doo Dads" that never existed during WWII to hide your CCKW or MV under.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Tim Baltz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Picture of the show

Post by Tim Baltz »

Here's the picture from the show. Thanks to weasel nut for the help posting it. Image

http://www.cckw.org/images/tbaltz1_lowres.jpg
Here's a link to the picture
Tim Baltz
Franklin,TN
42' CCKW 353 B2 Closed cab
Reenactor 30th & 101st GR
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Niiiccce truck! Kinda partial to the closed cabs myself.... :D

I usually go to the local cruise night about 5 miles away every Tue. I drive them nuts because I bring something different or a different combo every week. I even brough Annie the crane once last year!

I like displays because you get to talk to the people AND sometimes you get leads on other HMVs in the area. A great way to multiply the number of eyes you have.

This week I will take the Chev M6 Bomb Truck with the M5 Bomb Trailer #1 with the 10kt N weapon on it! This about 1.5 miles from the NH state capital bldg. Could generate some controversy as Tue is Nagasaki day...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Great photo and super looking truck.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans