Ben Hur Help!

halifaxgroup
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ben Hur Help!

Post by halifaxgroup »

I need some help with my all metal G-518 Ben Hur trailer.

The one I have has about 10 extra holes drilled in the sides at the rear for European lights. Can someone that has finished one to original WWII USGI specs send me some pictures of the rear sides where the light brackets go? I have all of the manuals as well as having spent time looking at the images on the CCKW site, but I come up short. Seems there are plenty of wood Ben Hur pictures on the web. There are so many holes in the bed, but none of them line up with the NOS light brackets I have. I also need to see how the black out light switch is mounted on the metal bed trailer.

Also, all of the metal D rings were cut in half to make hooks. My buddy found an old metal trailer and cut 10 D rings off for me. I have cut all of the ones off of my trailer and realized I’m two short. The one he cut the D rings off of didn’t have a tail gate. So if any one has 2 let me know. McMaster-Carr has no chain links close to use. I have some 3/8 stock and can make some. But would rather have some originals.

Thanks in advance. Paul
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 Ben Hur
M-20 Armored Utility Car
And 3 CCKW's!
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

There are some zinc coated D rings for trailers on Ebay under " military trailers"
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans