ALCAN HWY trailer for sale

junormaneureka
Draftee

ALCAN HWY trailer for sale

Post by junormaneureka »

This is a very unusual trailer. It has markings from the 341st Engineer Brigade which built the ALCAN HWY. It also appears to have a civilian deck on it. Maybe the army modified an existing trailer with a different deck or was this a custom built trailer by the army? It's my guess that a 3 wheeled machine was hauled on it because of evidence of three ramp locations in the rear. Regardless, it has all the markings for the ALCAN HWY and could be a true survivor. No data plates except an Oregon DMV tag. I've used this trailer quite a bit for my Mighty Mite but have outgrown it.

It's got a 3 ton capacity, 6x14 deck, hand crank tilt, CCKW rims, tires are 85%, spare included, deck in good shape (treated wood), used to have air brakes--converted to surge brakes, swing away fenders, front landing wheel with "T" bar to pull trailer by hand, very light but very strong trailer. Perfect for your WWII Jeep! Located in Wall, NJ. $1,800. Email me for pictures if you can't view them here: http://s457.photobucket.com/albums/qq29 ... 20Trailer/

Thanks!

Mike Pop