Ben Hur Technical Resources

CCKW Trailer Technical and Repair Questions. Restricted to Trailers pulled by CCKW's /Chevy's/ and other 10 wheel trucks.
MifflinburgBody
Private

Ben Hur Technical Resources

Post by MifflinburgBody »

Let me first introduce myself.

I am Matthew Picciotto and the co-founder with Rob Riley of Mifflinburg Body & Gear Ltd. Co. We are a small part-time start up trying to provide "Ben Hur" trailer parts. We have some parts reproduced and more in the pipeline. But also Rob and I own trailers with missing data plates. Not satisfied with answers dispensed as Gospel by certain members of the Facebook community we have set out to learn as best we can what years and what manufacturers had different features such as reinforced drawbars, steel landing wheels etc. Our website has historical photograph, technical library and a trailer registry.

We are constantly looking to expand our collection of historical photographs, hard tech data and trailer registry. The registry might be one of the most useful features once it is populated enough. If you have a trailer with an original data plate or legible USA number then the manufacturer and year is known. The features of your trailer can appear in the type study to help owners of trailers with missing plates identify manufacturer and year. Here is a link right to the registry part of our page: https://g518parts.com/?page_id=182 We aren't set up yet for visitors to automatically upload their trailer information. But you can email us via the link on the page and I will do it.

Here is the gallery of original photographs gleaned from all over. Whenever a caption or credit was available I included it. https://g518parts.com/?page_id=243 Some of these photographs came from Facebook. So if you see one of yours missing credit/caption information and you want it either removed or captioned please contact us.

Now let me scroll through some recent posts here and see if we can answer any questions.
Thank you.
Matthew Picciotto
West Virginia, USA
G518Parts.com

194* Wood Body "Ben Hur" Project
194* Steel Body "Ben Hur" under restoration