heavy ben hur styled trailer with diesel genset BUDA

CCKW Trailer Technical and Repair Questions. Restricted to Trailers pulled by CCKW's /Chevy's/ and other 10 wheel trucks.
fury373
Private

heavy ben hur styled trailer with diesel genset BUDA

Post by fury373 »

Well Hello, let's first introduce myself. I am Hans from the Netherlands and i just purchased a nice find.. a WW2 generator complete with trailer.

It seems to say that the trailer is made by the prosperity company (data tag is painted..so will try to remove paint and then i am shure. But could be. this company was a company involved in metal work.. making industrial washing machines. And located near the coast. So could be logic they had to support the war effort and make some trailers). It is a single axled trailer, all metal, with a stand in the frond (with squire foot. Not a wheel) and stands in the back

On this trailer is a 30Kw generator set with a 468i 6cylinder BUDA diesel engine ( 6DTG468 ).

All has been painted over. So previous owner did not even realise this was a WW2 genset. inside is the olive drab still visable.
Trailer is in quite ok condition. No rustholes. Mostly complete. Back stand is bad and all is painted yellow and grey and so. data plates all on it.. just painted. So will try to remove paint without damaging the tags.

Genset does need work. Even while it seems to be maintained very well. Some water has entered the engine (maybe through exhaust or gasket) and has damaged cylinder3. Gladly engine has sleeves so just need to replace one sleeve. The rest seems to be in very good condition. no wear to the other liners and so. Head and block look great. just rust on valves of cyl3..but that's solvable.
The casing still had the side panels. Just damaged because i guess some idiot picked it up with a crane. But this is repairable though. Worst case make a new side panel. Panels have some rust. The cover is somewhat dented. Base in really good condition. Tech stuff also looks great.

Trying to make piston move in the bad liner now. So i can de-rust liner. Take piston out. And remove liner then.

Truelly a cool and heavy machine.

Any one ever seen one before? Can not find anything online. So guess it is rare

Greetz, Hans (fury373)
buda genset small 594.jpg
buda genset small transport.jpg
buda genset small 731 open side.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fury373
Private

Re: heavy ben hur styled trailer with diesel genset BUDA

Post by fury373 »

Just wondering.. could it be the same wheels as used under the CCKW? i mean.. also 6 bolts and so. Or is there also another sort of 6bolt wheel? Noticed the dodges having 5bolt wheels.

Grtz
fury373
Private

Re: heavy ben hur styled trailer with diesel genset BUDA

Post by fury373 »

pic of wheel... could it be the same? Just wondering.

Grtz