Ben Hur Restoration

CCKW Trailer Technical and Repair Questions. Restricted to Trailers pulled by CCKW's /Chevy's/ and other 10 wheel trucks.
snow man
Captain
Captain

Ben Hur Restoration

Post by snow man »

I have started on the tear down and every thing is coming apart pretty easy " no torch cut bolts " yet ,i removed what was left of the wire harness and got lucky on the black out switch it seems to works and the inside looks good , this brings me to the question .Who can i get a Correct harness from and are their any NOS ones still around ?
GMC CCKW 353, M29 weasel, 1/2 ton dodge, Ben Hur Trailer
snow man
Captain
Captain

Re: Ben Hur Restoration

Post by snow man »

A little update on the Ben Hur after welding some 67 holes of anywhere from a 1/4 inch up to 2 feet square :o i still need to do a lot of grinding before i take it to the sandblaster . Here are some before and after shots

I did find some NOS tailgates and im having a friend make some bottom hinges from an original i borrowed " thanks Bill " the tailgate pins were off E bay but the U shape part i made .

tractor
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tractor »

If you are still looking for a harness I have 1 spare that I made. I am asking 150 plus shipping for it. Thats about what I have into it with the light connectors costing over 60 of it and the front trailer connector costing me 30.
Last edited by tractor on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
March 1941 Dodge WC 9
August 1941 Dodge WC 12
May 1941 American Highway K38 Signal Corps Trailer x2 12 serial numbers apart
1943 John Wood M3a4 Handcart
1943 Willys NOM-12 USMC radio Jeep tub going to restore as radio jeep
1944 Willys Holden USMC Ambulance tub going to restore back as ambulance
May 1945 G518 Ben Hur

There was a bunch more in the past
http://ewarbirds.org/
snow man
Captain
Captain

Post by snow man »

tractor wrote:If you are still looking for a harness I have 1 spare that I made. I am asking 250 plus shipping for it. Thats about what I have into it with the light connectors costing over 60 of it and the front trailer connector costing me 30.
Can you post a pic of what you have !