Water Buffalo Valve Boxes

CCKW Trailer Technical and Repair Questions. Restricted to Trailers pulled by CCKW's /Chevy's/ and other 10 wheel trucks.
agbonny
Draftee

Water Buffalo Valve Boxes

Post by agbonny »

Hello All,

I'm rather new to this forum, however, I've been in the MV restoration arena for many years. Most of my interest has been in WWII jeeps. However, I've owned a really nice WC-52 for a few years now and I'm looking to get into a CCKW in the future. Recently, I was blessed to receive a really nice unrestored Ben Hur Water Buffalo trailer. On one hand it's amazingly complete and with only surface rust here and there. No rust through of the water tank I can see. Like many other folks on this forum, I'm also missing the typical parts on the front end of the trailer. I've managed to come up with the front drawbar casting, safety chains and solid steel wheel but I'm in need of the swing-down pivot and wheel yoke. Any help with finding these parts would be highly appreciated.

Also, all the forward plumbing, valves and valve boxes are long gone. Regenerating the plumbing and valves to serviceable condition shouldn't be difficult to recreate. However, the boxes will be a challenge. Fortunately, I have a fabrication shop nearby who's helped me many times in recreating various items to factory originals. I hope to have the valve boxes reproduced but I need the accurate demensions to get it right. As I'm unaware of any other trailers like this in the Houston, Texas area to go see and measure from, I need somebody who'd be willing to help provide the information I'm needing. I hope to reproduce the draw bars, front tray and valve boxes along with new tail light brackets. If you only happen to have a rusty or unserviceable item that can be used as a measureable pattern, please let me know. Perhaps I can produce some extra's while I'm at it.

Thanks,

Alan Bonny
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Re: Water Buffalo Valve Boxes

Post by Nick Bombini »

I don't know anything about these trailers but I read this post on g503 from a guy that made patterns and is offering them to someone that needs them since he has his boxes made now.

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=159878

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

Post by retro-roco »

If you end up getting a set made, please let me know. I had hoped to buy a pair from posting mentioned above on G503.com, but they only made one pair.
Item Co., 23rd Inf. Regt., 2nd Div. WWII HRS
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

1942 Chevy 1-1/2 ton cargo w/ winch
194? Ben Hur water trailer
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Me too on the boxes

It has been my experience that you will not be able to find the valves.
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html