USMC mobile repair trailer

CCKW Trailer Technical and Repair Questions. Restricted to Trailers pulled by CCKW's /Chevy's/ and other 10 wheel trucks.
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Re: USMC mobile repair trailer

Post by Nick Bombini »

It had the original paint which was Marine green inside and out and was produced for the Marines by Boyertown Auto Body Works. The way I look at it though, it's just paint and I can always paint it back, but for now it matches my truck and I already had the paint. Everything else including the chassis, wheels, and interior went back to marine green. The trailer was a huge hit last year at Tower Park and I had a lot of people coming to check out my shoe and textile repair (now kitchen) trailer. As you can tell, there are quite a few dings and dents in the body, but has no rust so I left them for now. It serves our purposes well! I'll post some pictures of the trailer in use next week while at Tower Park.

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
Gordon_M
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Gordon_M »

Ah, OK then, you're right, of course.

Nice item, but still needs the generator. As you say - it wouldn't be cheap to run.

Gordon
Gordon from Scotland
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

Gordon,

I completely agree! Every time I look at it, I think about the missing generator. That will be my big thing for this summer is searching for one to put on there.

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 GPW
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

As promised, some pics of the trailer in use.

The first two pics were taken on our big dinner night. We ended up feeding 53 people. Most of the food was cooked and brought to us so we just had to make the 10lbs of potatoes and warm and serve the rest. The last picture is of the inside on a typical day at the show with supplies for our large group (about 10 people in our camp).

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 GPW
Gordon_M
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Gordon_M »

Very nice. Much better in use that sitting rusty somewhere.

You'll have to get some OD interior stuff, or paint the stuff you have...

Gordon
Gordon from Scotland
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

I agree with you there, the blue containers just don't look right. I need to build some drawers that slide into the cubby holes in the storage cabinet. That way, I won't have so much sitting on the counter. I think it is going to take awhile to get this thing set up perfectly, but it sure is a HUGE improvement having an actual kitchen instead of cooking outdoors where the racoons can get the food. We have played that game too many times. We call our camp "The Swamp" and our official mascot is the racoon because we always have at least 3 or 4 racoons come out each night.

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 GPW