front wiring harness information

CCKW Trailer Technical and Repair Questions. Restricted to Trailers pulled by CCKW's /Chevy's/ and other 10 wheel trucks.
oldreliable9_47
Captain
Captain

front wiring harness information

Post by oldreliable9_47 »

I posted this in the parts wanted...I apologize for reposting it here..

I am looking for more information and source for the front wiring harness and what it all involves. The rear harness terminates at the blackout switch and runs to the taillights. The front harness terminates on the black out switch and runs to the lunette with the heavy four prong male plug. I do have the maintenence manual I believe is TM 1471? not sure as I dont have it in front of me. It does not go into any detail with the harness. Am I missing a better manual for parts that covers this in detail?

I have a 7 foot cable with cloth covered loom and with two male plugs attached. What is this ?

Does somebody have good pictures of the wiring harness?

Thanks~
Mark Mason
Anderson, Indiana
GMC CCKW 353
MVPA #29624
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Mark,

I have done a couple of Ben Hur harnesses. All custom done

Since I have directionals on the trailer I made my own 4 wire harnes. Bought a 4 wire round (current type trailer) harness and bought some separate old looking, modern made, loom. Now I have right brake, left brake, tail, and a ground. The original Ben Hur only had 3 wires (in use) off the truck as they switch the tail lights from the B/O switch. I can do the same with the running lights only as I have 2 left side lights on the trailer.

The double male connnector I believe is called an inter vehicular cable and was used on M-10 Ammo trailers and others. Check the M-10 section of the website for pics.

I can post up the original TM wiring diagram if needed

Bill
oldreliable9_47
Captain
Captain

Thanks for the information Bill. Sounds like the plan for me. Your right the cable I have sounds like it does go to the M10 or others to connect two or more. Sound like I need 2 M10 Ammo trialers now! :-)
Mark Mason
Anderson, Indiana
GMC CCKW 353
MVPA #29624
oldreliable9_47
Captain
Captain

When you have time to do so I would appreciate you posting the TM wiring diagram. Thanks again Bill your a lot of help with these things.
Mark Mason
Anderson, Indiana
GMC CCKW 353
MVPA #29624
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

I put the diagram on this page.

http://www.cckw.org/tech_info_g518.htm

I have another one somewhere...when I find it I will post it too.

Bill