open cab winshield frame

CCKW Parts Wanted. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
Brad
Captain
Captain

open cab winshield frame

Post by Brad »

Where would be a good place to look for a new/used Open Cab winshield frame mine is almost gone handle has fallen out due to rot? Any help would be appreciated.

Brad
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!
Cat Man
Major
Major

Re: open cab winshield frame

Post by Cat Man »

Brad,

Are you looking for the "inner" frame than holds the glass or the "outer"frame that is made of round tube and had the inner frame and glass hinged inside it?

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

looking for both, but the inner frame is a good start for me..My 1944 open cab a1 came with an Arctic cab configuration so the windshield came in a upright postion frame and only swivelled up and closed but not fold down over the hood.
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!
Cat Man
Major
Major

Post by Cat Man »

Good winshield frames are tough to find on any open cab military truck. Just like the floor pans, they all rust out at the same place.

Try measuring a WWII Jeep windshield inner frame. Seems like someone told me they are the same??? Or the material is the same and could be sourced.

I'll be at the Red Arrow MVPA meeting this weekend. Its at Kevin Kronlunds in Spooner WI. I'll check with Kevin and a few other vendors to get some idea's.

Finding a usable one off a wreck that has been sitting outside for 40 years is just about impossible. The outer frame is round tube and could be fabricated if you had the brackets and hardware to reuse. But better than nothing if your frame from the winter cab is that different.

Stay tuned.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
Still Learning Every Day
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by John V Cliche »

I believe WC Dodge INNER frame is the same also ...But the outer is unique to each vehicle ( series )

Hope this helps
John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

any bit of intel i receive is of the upmost help to me.

Thankyou

Brad
Brad

Visit my pictures!
Cat Man
Major
Major

Post by Cat Man »

Sorry Brad, didn't get any info at the club meeting yesterday.

I think John C is right about the WWII Dodge WC inner frame.

You might call John Bizal at Midwest Military in Minnesota. They fabricate many replacement Dodge parts. He would know about the CCKW windshield frame. Check thier website. They do really good work on hard to find replacement parts.

He was at the meeting but I missed him and didn't get to ask him before he left.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
Still Learning Every Day
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

John at Midwest Military reproduces the internal windshield frame for a Dodge WC which is the same as a CCKW.

I know a guy that has an outer frame that he is looking the get rid of but wants to trade it for a good original MB or GPW outer frame. He is located in central California.

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
SpookyDad
Captain
Captain

Post by SpookyDad »

I will have a complete inner and outer windshield available when I redo the cab on my conversion. The frame is rust free and has all the correct fittings. The glass is a little pitted from some welding spatter but I think it is original.

What is a fair price for the complete assembly?

SpookyDad
1945 CCKW 353 Fire Truck to German Kfz72 Radio Van conversion.
http://716heer.org
Houston Texas
Brad
Captain
Captain

Post by Brad »

Niel (spooky dad)

I have tried to contact you via message have you recived any of them? I would like to talk about the window i paid for over a year ago? please reply if you havent recived any of them

Brad
Brad

Visit my pictures!