gmc whater pump

CCKW Parts Wanted. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
s læsø
Private

gmc whater pump

Post by s læsø »

i need a gmc 353 whater pump any one got 1 for sale
44 g506
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by 44 g506 »

Have you checked with NAPA? I got one for my '44 chevy g506 there.
'44 Model 325 fire truck
s læsø
Private

Post by s læsø »

what is napa i dont know it :D please help mee
44 g506
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by 44 g506 »

NAPA is an automotive parts store here in the states. You might be better off ordering from Jim Carter as they will ship to other countries.
'44 Model 325 fire truck
KIH
Corporal
Corporal

Water pump

Post by KIH »

Also need a GMC water pump as my countryman mr. Laesoe

After some research and a hint from Chicago DUKW's I managed to get the NAPA part number which is WP 598012. Did call a nearby NAPA store during my last visit in US, but I was kindly informed, that I have to turn over an old one to get a rebuild one. The pump is indicated as a remanufactured item in the online catalogue so I was lead to believe, that no such thing was needed. But I was obviously wrong or misinformed. Anyway I didn’t succeed in bringing any water pump back to Denmark. :cry:

So – the question is - what do one do if one need a new GMC water pump in US and actually do not have an old one :?: Any help and hints will be greatly appreciated. :D
Thanks
Kim
www.all-automatic.dk/gmc
Kim Hansen
Denmark
http://www.kimh.dk (Sorry, only in Danish but lot of pics :-) )
GMC CCKW 353 Cargo open cab 43
44 g506
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by 44 g506 »

Here in the states alot of old worn out parts such as water pumps are rebuilt. The old part is referred to as a "core". When you go into a parts store to purchase a new water pump, if you didn't bring the old one with you they usually charge you an extra fee called a "core charge". After you replace the old one you can bring it back to the parts store and get the "core charge" refunded to you. It's basically an incentive to return the old part so they don't run out of "cores" to rebuild. You should have been able to buy one, pay the "core charge" and gone on your way.
Did you try contacting Jim Carters as mentioned above. They charge a little more but will ship over seas.
'44 Model 325 fire truck
KIH
Corporal
Corporal

Post by KIH »

44 g506 - thanks for clarifying. I would gladly have paid the core in addition to the listed price but that option was never mentioned. Never mind. Yes, did try Jim Carters and they wont charge any core and the pumps are indicated to be brand new. Does that mean that they do not want an old one in return? That would be great.

Another questions pops up. They have two pump sizes for two different fan belt sizes. Which one would fit the GMC CCKW from 1943 ?

Thanks again

Kim
Kim Hansen
Denmark
http://www.kimh.dk (Sorry, only in Danish but lot of pics :-) )
GMC CCKW 353 Cargo open cab 43
44 g506
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by 44 g506 »

Well, I think it should be 3/4 inch but to be safe you really should measure the width of the current water pump pulley just in case something on your motor got modified over the last 65 years.
'44 Model 325 fire truck