Original WW2 CCKW Steering Wheel for Sale

CCKW Parts For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
erikofnorway
Draftee

Original WW2 CCKW Steering Wheel for Sale

Post by erikofnorway »

For sale is an original restored wartime steering wheel for the CCKW Deux-and-a-Half GM truck of World War 2. It has the distinct "thumb groove" carved into the upper left hand side of the wheel enabling the soldier to keep the truck straight in darkness.

This wheel is U.S. made and the one used originally during the war. It is NOT to be confused with French and other post war wheels often used on restorations.

The restoration done was to fill the cracks in the original rubber/plastic. The material has not been changed, but restored back to its original state.

$400 plus actual shipping costs from Florida.

I am a Jeep-guy myself, but my local friend who has restored 3 of these wartime CCKW has asked me to help him sell the wheel. Here he is in front of the truck it came out of.

He tells me that the wheel came with one of this trucks and the rubber/plastic was cracked. He sent it out for restoration, but he never heard back from the restorer. After several months of trying to call him and no answer, he gave up thought the wheel was lost and bought another restored wheel. 2 years later, the wheel shows up with the UPS truck.

he also has a French wheel for sale if anyone is interested.

1943 Ford GPW #97472 "Hootin Annie"
Member of FLMVPA, OVMS, NRA

erikofnorway
Draftee

Post by erikofnorway »

BTT. Still for sale.

samason
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Original WW2 CCKW Steering Wheel for Sale

Post by samason »

Forget the steering wheel , would he sell the truck? Or trade for a WC 52

Steve A
Fred-GMC
Draftee

Post by Fred-GMC »

Hi,
I want to buy or trade the steering wheel,I'd PMed you about it but still no respons.
Best regards,
Fred
Canadian Gunner
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Canadian Gunner »

Hi Eric:

Ill be down in your neck of the woods for the month of December. As a fellow green machine nut I'd love to meet up with you guys.

Cheers! Mike

www.calnan.com/swords
"UBIQUE!"

Mike Calnan
erikofnorway
Draftee

Post by erikofnorway »

I have tried to contact Fred, but so far no luck. Hopefully we can connect soon.

My friend has restored three CCKW's to better then new condition. He is a real craftsman and does everything the good old way. Two of his CCKW's will be donated to the National World War 2 museum in New Orleans. The one he is keeping is the one on the photo.

Mike, if you plan on coming to South East Florida, please contact me erikwiborg@yahoo.com

Erik