GOOD USED CCKW 40 AMP VOLTAGE REGULATORS NEGATIVE GROUND

CCKW Parts For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GOOD USED CCKW 40 AMP VOLTAGE REGULATORS NEGATIVE GROUND

Post by joel gopan »

40AMP Positive are just about extinct.
These have been stored indoors for over 50 years and have been bench tested by old time Authorized DELCO Dealer. have several, the covers were not removed, they tested within spec. $145.00 ea.

NOTE: I do not monkey around inside regulators, that way I can be honest about what I sell.

Have a couple NOS that tested a bit high or low, did not remove covers, and probably just running a folded dollar bill thru the points will correct. $50.00 eash, "as is". FOB Bangor, ME, add $12.00 USPS Priority.
USA preferred.
Last edited by joel gopan on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by John V Cliche »

Joel,
Does it matter Pos or Neg ground as long as you hook up correctly and polarize to your application ?

John
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

They gotta match the Generator, They have to be matched to the type of grounding used between the two. You will hear the term "A" or "B" used when it comes to POS/NEG GroundDo not mix and your system will be trouble free. To determine this take your generator to a Delco expert. If you try to play with polarity, it will result in the points losing material because of wrong polarity. I have some surgeons tools but that don't make me a brain surgeon. Stay out of your regulator. :wink:
I took these along with a NOS 40Amp CCKW Gererator to an Auto Electric Lab that is DELCO Authorixed and has been since 1910, they set them up on a machine and tested them in operation.
To get mickey mouse and simply start scratching wires to alter a regulator is not how Delco designed these, if they did, we could get by with fewer part numbers.
This is why Auto Parts Dealers will not take Electrical Components back, it has been a concern since Kettering started DELCO nearly 100 years ago Too many experts.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS