SWB Bed

CCKW Parts For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
g.r.bates
Sergeant
Sergeant

SWB Bed

Post by g.r.bates »

Hey all,
I recently came across a short wheelbase bed for a CCKW. Bed is all steel including floor. Has Tailgate and Toolbox door. Taillight Housings are solid and trailer socket in still in place. Bed sides are repairable with some rust on stake pockets. Is there much of a demand for the SWB beds, or just the LWB? If there is interest Ill drive up and get some pics. I figured it was worth mentioning on here vs letting it rot away. Thanks
Greg

I posted this same post on g503 over the weekend but thought i would let everyone here know about it as well. I think the bed is very saveable, I just dont have a personal use for it. I also have a line on a LWB bed as well, and know of two others i havent inquired about, as well as a g506 bed. I already know I can get the SWB bed, but I dont want to get screwed by the guy.
84th ID "Railsplitters" Reenacted

*42 cckw closed cab
*43 cckw open cab cargo
*42 GPW
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

You won't get screwed at any price, as you will be the sole owner of rare Cargo Bodies. Once the collector realizes freight is a way of life, they will sell.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
g.r.bates
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by g.r.bates »

Joel, thanks for your response. The SWB has been mounted on a trailer frame and he is wanting to sell the trailer. He cares nothing about what the bed is, only in the value as as trailer. He has said $1000-$1500 for it. I want to get it just to save the bed. I have no personal need for it but around here it would be used as a wood hauling trailer and destroyed. I would rather see it saved and brought back to its glory. Oh i forgot that there is a data plate on it and when i go for pictures ill get the information off the plate.
Greg
84th ID "Railsplitters" Reenacted

*42 cckw closed cab
*43 cckw open cab cargo
*42 GPW