TM9-766 M-27 BOMB SERVICE TRUCK (CCKW)

CCKW's and Chevrolets wanted to purchase. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

TM9-766 M-27 BOMB SERVICE TRUCK (CCKW)

Post by joel gopan »

Looking to buy the manual.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

TM 9-766

Post by retro-roco »

Joel,

Sent you an e-mail... I think I can get a hold of the manual you're looking for.

Look for my message.
Item Co., 23rd Inf. Regt., 2nd Div. WWII HRS
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

1942 Chevy 1-1/2 ton cargo w/ winch
194? Ben Hur water trailer
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Thank you.
BTW, there are still plenty of Nuts left. Stand by and they will soon be back.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Did not find your E-Mail, wait a while and more nuts will show up. I can send a few your way if you want there are enough to go around.
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

Re:

Post by retro-roco »

joel gopan wrote:Did not find your E-Mail, wait a while and more nuts will show up. I can send a few your way if you want there are enough to go around.
Huh?? What "nuts" are you talking about?? Thats now way to talk about ArmyDriver! :wink: :lol:

The NOS parts I was referring to are the Chevy 1-1/2 ton mufflers, carb, AC t-2 filter, etc., etc., etc.

Sometimes I dream about what your storage buildings must be like... :wink:

but then I wake up. :cry: :(
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Uh, Uh, the thought never occured to me. U-bolt nuts is the topic, the ones from Joe Zak on eBay, I don't need 16, the Split axle only uses 8, and I wanted some NOS for spares. GM#79101. He has nice trinkets to offer, and I won more than are needed. I am planning to service my front differential and replace the inner axle seals as there are signs that the GO is thinning the GAA in my CV Joints. Not a fun job, but a necessary one.
I get a lot of great stuff on Bay, especial authentic Ordnance Tools and many original Motorpool Items that are depicted in the TMs. Many of the Vendors are friends,and have gotten wealthy offering their GI Issue parts and tools on Ebay. I help ID many of the parts they offer. Mine appear thru some of these sales, it is like playing the stock market.
Just having fun as things were quiet.
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

TM 9-766

Post by retro-roco »

Joel,

It appears that my email didn't go through (is your e-mail address in your profile current??), so here is the message that I sent...

<<snip>>
Joel,

Are you still looking for this manual?? I know where one is, and can check to see if it is still for sale. The hardbound book I've found appears to actually be three manuals bound together. They cover 1. "Spare parts and Equipment", 2. "Organizational Maintenance Allowances" and 3. "Field and Depot Maintenance Allownances".

If it is still for sale, what kind of price should I be willing to pay??

Maybe we could work out some kind of deal on some those NOS parts I have been drooling over??

<<snip>>

BTW, I didn't realize you were "motorsargent" on ebay. You gave a much better price for your u-bolt nuts ($5.50 for 4) than my buddy (WW2Buyer) who won the previous batch, but gave $30.99 for 4 nuts. I am a very patient shopper, and spend a great deal of time looking for "hidden gems", or items that are perhaps poorly described.

Of course that isn't as easy these days, as it was when e-bay first got started. They do a better job of categorizing things, which means that more people looking for a particular item are going to see it, even if poorly described. I also have a large number of "favorite searches" that are constantly watching for some of the more desirable parts that I'm looking for. I average 10-15 emails per day from ebay with search results. A lot are false alarms, but I occasionally come across a few gems.

Ohmigosh! What am I doing, posting this for the whole world to see??

:shock: :oops:
Last edited by retro-roco on Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Thats Me. Look for a PM. Send your buddy over, I have rare parts, I will treat him like family. I checked him out, he buys all kinds of items.
Actually, the sale included 16 Nuts, in 4-Packs.
Joel