Wanted TM 9-801 in PDF or other file type

CCKW's and Chevrolets wanted to purchase. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
rwdfresno
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Wanted TM 9-801 in PDF or other file type

Post by rwdfresno »

Does anyone out there have the TM 9-801 or any other CCKW manuals in PDF format or another electronic format. I already have the Army Military History Institute but the watermark makes it look pretty bad in print. Too bad they couldn't just give it to us with a small watermark to make the pages more readable in print since the citizens of the USA paid to have the manual written...but I digress lol.

Anyways I really like having the PDf so that way I can just print out the section I am working on and not destroy an original or a $85 copy when I work on things. Also is nice to be able to print a section that I am working on and have it handy as opposed to book format. Making photocopys works ok but I am a computer geek so go figure. Maybe I will get brave and cut the binding off of a copy and then scan it in on my high speed scanner....just not sure if I can bear to do that to a $85 dollar book lol.

Anyways, if anyone has one or knows of one I dont mind paying a reasonable price for it (them) if it is a good scan. I have seen some for sale in electronic format but I am always afraid that it will just be a copy of the one with the watermark or it will be a bad scan.

thanks, Ryan
Ryan
Chappers
Captain
Captain

Post by Chappers »

This company seems to have what your looking for and at $25 it's cheap enough .http://www.easy1productions.com/
T013 TM 9-801 and TM 9-809 2 ½ Ton trucks; TM 9-801 covers the 2 ½ Ton, 6X6, GMC CCKW-352 & 353 and
contains the 495 page manual. The CD also contains 31 photos of restored versions of the cargo and dump trucks.
TM 9-809 covers the 2 ½ Ton, 6X6 Cab Forward AFKWX 353 with 368 page manual. The CD also contains 26 photos
of the Cab Forward. Also included is TM 9-224 Machine Gun Mounts for Trucks. $25
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Ryan,

The Military History site orginally offered them for reference without the watermark.

That is until some sleeze bag started selling the downloaded copies on ebay. He is still selling them.

Bill
rwdfresno
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rwdfresno »

Thanks guys I ordered the one from the easy1productions. i'lle let oyu all know how it looks when I get it.
Ryan
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
rwdfresno
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rwdfresno »

Thank you. I have actually downloaded that one before and while it looks decent on the screen the watermark makes it pretty bad in print.
Ryan
Chappers
Captain
Captain

Post by Chappers »

rwdfresno

Thanks guys I ordered the one from the easy1productions. i'lle let you

all know how it looks when I get it.
Did it arrive and if so is it any good??

regards

Steve
rwdfresno
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rwdfresno »

I did get it and it isnt bad. It will serve the purpose that I originally intended which is to be able to have manual that I can easily print individual pages for whichever project I am working on. The scans are pretty good quality however it appears that the original that they were scanned from was well used. Several greasy finger prints and some tattered pages but overall I am pleased. I did run an Adobe Photoshop batch on the files to clean them up just a bit to make them clearer when printed.
Ryan
UK Jack
Major
Major

Re:

Post by UK Jack »

Hi Ryan.

I have it all on CDrom, I can make a copy and send it over if that helps. I am with you on that one - just print off what you want, when you need it.

Cheers.

Jack.
www.hmvf.co.uk
A forum for historic military vehicles - inspired by Bill & CCKW.org!!!

Nothing is permanent in life, except change.
Chappers
Captain
Captain

Post by Chappers »

You can send me a copy please Jack ,I'll gladly refund any expenditure :) :).
Miner Matt
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re:

Post by Miner Matt »

dr deuce wrote:http://ahecwebdds.carlisle.army.mil/awa ... 1&awdid=15

Try that. It is 36MB though

That's a grate site Doc.
I'm wondering if there are other Manuals on the site.
All I can find is the bomb truck and tm 9-801

Thanks for the wonderful info!!
42 CCKW
1941 U.S.M.C International TD-6