GMC CCKW 353 Cargo Bed

CCKW's and Chevrolets wanted to purchase. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
BradWhitmore
Draftee

GMC CCKW 353 Cargo Bed

Post by BradWhitmore »

To Whom It May Concern.

I have recently purchased a closed can GMC CVKW 353. It had been used in a farm in Tennessee for the last 60 odd years, runs well and is in good condition for its age. I intend to do a frame up restoration into the cargo configuration.

Toward that end, the truck I am purchasing does not have the Cargo Bed. I am looking to purchase an original 353 cargo bed for it, all metal version, as I believe this truck was made in 1941 or 1942.

If anyone has such a bed for sale or knows where I might be able to find one, I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks in advance!

Brad

JUST WANTED TO SAY I FOUND A BED FOR MY TRUCK IN FRANCE. I APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP. TAKE CARE. BRAD

CORRECTION. THE INDIVIDUAL I “BOUGHT” TRUCKBED FROM TURNED OUT TO BE A SCAM ARTIST AND I GOT CAUGHT IN A “PONSEY SCHEME” AND WAS TAKEN FOR ABOUT $2500. SO, MY ORIGINAL QUESTION IS STILL OPEN.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS BRAD
44-RADIO
Private

Re: GMC CCKW 353 Cargo Bed

Post by 44-RADIO »

HELLO. IF your still looking for a353 bed I have one
It is a tipper bed with tail gate bed is in great shape and has the head board
And troop seats the bed is located in Dwight il
REGARDS 44-radio
BradWhitmore
Draftee

Re: GMC CCKW 353 Cargo Bed

Post by BradWhitmore »

Hi

I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. Just saw your reply to my past last night.

Is the dump bed for the GMC CCKW 353 You described Still available?

Thanks

Brad