WWII Field Kitchen Wanted

Equipment that may (or may not) have been supported by CCKW's and other large trucks. Stuff such as Dozers, Graders, Rollers, Pavers, Cranes, Oil Field Equipment, etc. Also Tugs, Generators, Compressors, Welders, and just about all other machinery and equipment type of items.
Lucky Forward
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

WWII Field Kitchen Wanted

Post by Lucky Forward »

I am beginning to build a WWII field Kitchen and am interested in purchasing bits and pieces or the whole thing. I am most interested in Finding the M 1937 field stoves. I am looking for three stoves but as I said, I may have to build this one piece at a time. If you can help please contact me.
Thanks
Denny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WC 57 Dodge Command Car "Patton command car"
CCKW 1942 Shop Van "Patton command van"
GPW Ford Script 1943 Jeep
Ben Hur Trailer
1/4 ton Batam trailer
M-20 Armored car "Patton's M-20"
1942 CCKW
1942 International Harvester 1 1/2 ton
MVPA #9986
http://www.pattonthirdarmy.com
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: WWII Field Kitchen Wanted

Post by dr deuce »

I currently have 3 stoves that I use in reenactments (not for sale). I cook for the group sometimes. Having Annie the crane to lift them in and out of my CCKW cargo helps a lot.

I would/will NOT operate them in the back of the truck unless they were running on propane. My uncle (3rd army cook) use to tell me stories of the burners going nuts and catching fire. He would have a metal hooked item and pull the burner out and drag it to the back of the truck and dump it off...

You will fond it very difficult to find the pots. The stoves can be found. The accessories will be a challenge too.
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html