SOLD - WWII Camo Net - Huge 36ft x 44ft

Kit and Goodies to enhance the display of your Chevy/CCKW. This would include moving and static display and the particulars behind these items.
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

SOLD - WWII Camo Net - Huge 36ft x 44ft

Post by retro-roco »

** SOLD ** is the pictured camo net, still bundled from storage in a surplus warehouse in Italy. The net is bundled with twine, and carries a tag indicating the size of 36ft x 44 ft. I believe this is the size issued to larger vehicles such as the half track, M8, CCKW, Chevy 1-1/2 ton, and others. ** SOLD **

This link is to an on-line version of FM5-20, "Camoflage, Basic Principles". http://cryptome.org/cartome/fm5-20-ch4.htm Chapter 4 shows 36x44 as the largest size net in Table I. It also indicates the estimated number of burlap scrim rolls required to garnish the net as 13-20 rolls (2" x 300ft).

Netting & burlap scrim
Netting
wood size tag
Scrim colors

I am offering the net shown, and 15 rolls of scrim for $600 USD. The price breaks down to $450 USD for the net, and $150 USD for the 15 rolls of burlap scrim (5 rolls each of tan, med. brown, and brown). This is a package deal ONLY, and I will not ship out of the US.

** STILL AVAILABLE **As you can see in the photos, I have several boxes of scrim, and will sell 15 rolls for the same $150 USD price. I will also give scrim buyers info on a POSSIBLE source for rolls of OD scrim. they still had it in stock when I bought my 6 rolls. ** STILL AVAILABLE **

Please note, these prices do NOT include shipping, and the buyer will be responsible for actual cost of shipping. If you or a friend are going to Dayton for the MVPA show, save yourself the cost of shipping and pick them up there. My son and I will be arriving late in the day on Friday, and will be there on Saturday too. PM or e-mail if you want to buy!
Last edited by retro-roco on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Item Co., 23rd Inf. Regt., 2nd Div. WWII HRS
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

1942 Chevy 1-1/2 ton cargo w/ winch
194? Ben Hur water trailer
bubba
Draftee

Re: FS - WWII Camo Net - Huge 36ft x 44ft

Post by bubba »

How much to ship 15 rolls of scrim to Colorado Springs, and would you consider changing the ratio of colors?

Thanks, Paul
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Is it still available?
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

Post by retro-roco »

Doctor,

Sorry to say the net sold within hours of me posting it. I posted it on a couple of different forums, but neglected to mark it sold here. I do have scrim available, for anyone looking for some...
Item Co., 23rd Inf. Regt., 2nd Div. WWII HRS
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

1942 Chevy 1-1/2 ton cargo w/ winch
194? Ben Hur water trailer