First Aid Kits?

Kit and Goodies to enhance the display of your Chevy/CCKW. This would include moving and static display and the particulars behind these items.
jds15151
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

First Aid Kits?

Post by jds15151 »

Were all CCKW's equipped with them? If so, which one? And where was it located/mounted? Thanks
Cat Man
Major
Major

CCKW First Aid Kit

Post by Cat Man »

jds,

I've never seen a first aid kit listed in the manuals for the On Vehicle Material (OVM) on the CCKW. Not in TM9-801's, not even the late 1945 edition.

In TM9-802 for the DUKW the OVM includes a "First Aid Kit" and it is shown mounted on the forward bulkhead below the windshield in front of the passenger seat position. The kit is the metal boxed unit that measures about 5"X 9". Don't know what the model would be?

From experiance I can tell you that if you have all the CCKW OVM equipment loaded on board in the correct locations, including tools, spares, books, chains, jack, gas cans, fuel can nozzle and so on, there ain't no more room in that cab!

I'm sure that local unit commanders and platoon Sgts whould have some trucks carry a first aid kit if they could get them, but it is not a listed item for the CCKW.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
jds15151
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

First Aid Kits

Post by jds15151 »

Thanks Cat Man, That is exactly the information I was looking for. Jeff