new to group

Area for Discussion of non-original and non-Theater Modifications to the GM family of WWII trucks. This would include engine, transmission, and driveline swaps, etc.
keven culbert
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

new to group

Post by keven culbert »

hello eveyone great site ya have .im currently working on a 39 or 40 chevy ? not shure which ? chevy 4x4 its a closed cab model with eaton front loader axels i dont know much about this era trucks . but hope to learn more on this site . i dont know if this is a 1 1/2 ton ? the grill /fenders and hood are similar to pic on home page . the cab was completly rusted away, no identifiable #s on plates . i found a solid 41 cab on a civilian truck and have put it on the chassis .there are some slight differences on how the front clip attaches to cowl no biggie . im trying to locate a useable hood as mine is rusty on the front lip
keven culbert
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: new to group

Post by keven culbert »

my wheel base started at 140 inches now is 120 i moved the t case so both driveshafts are same length front and rear the engine was seized up badly so that got replaced with a lt-1 350 out of a buick roadmaster and am now running 400 turbo auto trans this is not a restoration project just trying to put it together to take on trail rides here in michigan hope no one is put off by me doing this i probally would have considered a restoration if the truck would have been in that condition to do so im trying to d load pics of before after progress
keven culbert
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by keven culbert »

pics
Fernando Mendes
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Fernando Mendes »

http://yfrog.com/7egmcackw3531940j
If it is this type is a GMC ACK 353 1940. :D
Jeep Willys MB DoD dec,16 1942 s/n:196275
Dodge B3-B 4x2 1952 s/n:90099559
CCKW 353 Banjo 1944 s/n:309623
keven culbert
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by keven culbert »

Fernando Mendes wrote:http://yfrog.com/7egmcackw3531940j
If it is this type is a GMC ACK 353 1940. :D
cab looks the same but front fenders and gril are completerly different ive got pics on face book keven culbert
keven culbert
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by keven culbert »

keven culbert wrote:pics
Image since this pic was taken i have the hood fixed up but still need a few parts like a driver side fender or one that is better than what i have have also upgraded the engine to a 383 stroker engine and a 2 speed powerglide transmission
keven culbert
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by keven culbert »

well got a hair in my rear and took it for a ride in the plowed feild out behind the farm almost did a wheeelie on the north end didnt look that deep draggin the plow