My homepage

Facts, Tips, Hints, and other snippets about the CCKW, Chevy, or DUKW
KimHansen

My homepage

Post by KimHansen »

Just want to lead your attention to my new homepage.
www.all-automatic.dk/gmc/
It is only in danish for now but there is a lot of pictures. I will be glad to answer all questions you might have. :D

If you take a look at "køb og salg" (wantet/sale) and scroll downwards you will find some pictures from Norway. Its 2 GMC's on the way to the junkyard if someone do not pick them up. The owner askes 4.500 Nkr. for both. If it wasnt for the shipping costs I would buy them myselves. If anyone here is interested in some parts or one of the trucks, please let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Best regards
Kim
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Thanks. Danish or not we all speak CCKW and your truck looks great. Fantastic job on the truck and the homepage. :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
abn CCKW

home page

Post by abn CCKW »

Your Home Page is very good so far Its got great photo's, wish I could read all the text , It will be worth the wait to see it when you have converted it to english since It will be much longer before I will be able to read much Dutch. The other links you have look very interesting too.
Wish I could save the CCKW's but have my hands full just now . From the peek under the hood I d say the closed cab would be the better since it still has its carb in place .Great Job thanks for sharing
arthur.m
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by arthur.m »

Hello Kim, You have a very nice homepage, and the truck is nice, too. I can read Danish maybe to 70% because we learn Swedish here at school. You wrote about fixing Your lights and brakes, our vehicle inspection is quite similar, so it made intresting reading. Sad to see those Norwegian trucks to rot in the woods and maybe face cutter's torch. I have a friend who could use a cargo bed and fuel tank, and I could use a Split truck's transfer case and maybe front axle, but the expensive freight might kill the deal. Is that open cab truck with Split axles? Where are they approximetely located in Norway? Please keep us updated on the fate of the vehicles.

Greetings, hilsning fra Finland, Arthur
cckw L2 Dump Truck, cckw shop van, BSA foldable bicycle
KimHansen

Post by KimHansen »

Thanks everyone for your comments on my homepage. I will launch an English version sometime in the future. Re. the Norwegian trucks – they are still available. The open cab is split and the closed cab banjo as far as I’m informed. They are located near Trofors.

Regards
Kim