Make your Metal Framed Lube Chart

Facts, Tips, Hints, and other snippets about the CCKW, Chevy, or DUKW
Capt Lee P
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Make your Metal Framed Lube Chart

Post by Capt Lee P »

I own a 1944 CCKW. The only lube chart I was able to find was the #LO9-801 which is the later, folding chart, not designed for the metal lube chart holder on the back of the cab.

Kevin Kronlund of Army Cars USA found me an original CCKW Metal Chart Holder in The Netherlands. Great, but I now needed a metal framed lube chart itself!:

Solution: I ordered a G-503 (MB/GPW) Lube Chart which is metal framed: the size is just right for the CCKW Lube Chart Holder. Now, I photo-copied (use premium copy paper) and enlarged the CCKW LO 9-801 Lube Chart (the only one I could find to reproduce) to fit the size of the main part of the lube chart of the "jeep". I covered up all the "jeep" info with my CCKW info. I left the general information on the top and the bottom of the "jeep" chart; made a header for the "CCKW 2 1/2 Ton Truck", and just made the "new, enlarged CCKW chart" to fit the mid- section of the original chart. I took the header and the CCKW photo-copied lube info to my local printer who in turned enclosed it in plastic on both sides. Once that was done, I used two-sided tape to place the new plastic enclosed CCKW information over the "jeep" information :D . It fits perfectly on the chart and looks and reads just like the original Lube Chart for a CCKW. :D :D
Capt Lee, Vietnam Vet, US Army, 1942 GPW, 1944 WC-51, 1943 Batnam T-3, 1943 Ben Hur (wood), 1944 CCKW B2 353
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Very creative and thanks for the information. That is what this site is about.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans