Help with year

Facts, Tips, Hints, and other snippets about the CCKW, Chevy, or DUKW
Chappers
Captain
Captain

Help with year

Post by Chappers »

Please could you help with the year of manufacture and any other relevant info on my 352. CCKW 353 83025 B2

The hood was painted and a number had been applied when I brought her but after rubbing through several layers of OD I Got to the original :)
Here are the before and after:

mud-snow
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Spring 42

Post by mud-snow »

Steve your truck is delivered in the spring of 1942. May or beginning of June that Year.
Contract W-398-QM-10250 started at serial # 82336 and that is a CCKW 352.
Did see your photos in the welcome section. Great looking truck the CCKW 353, and guess the 352 will also be looking good.

Please all other info you might have on the truck is of greate interest!! I have a ever growing list of serialnumbers, and it sure helps us date many trucks! But all other info is also of greate help.
And for sure would also like the serialnumbers on the 353!!
Chers

Rolf
One of the best MV club-magazines in the world...
Have a look at the Norwegian MV-clubs site at www.hmkf.no
Chappers
Captain
Captain

Post by Chappers »

Sorry for the mistake. She is a 352 open cab, I often make mistakes as I have both 352 and 353 open cabs.

Thanks for the info Rolf, The 352 has French rebuild plates on most of the major parts. All the parts seem to be in Top condition so don't think she's done much work since the rebuilds in the 60's.
The mileage on the clock states 29368 9 so she's been around a bit.
I'm currently restoring her to a high standard will keep you informed on the progress.

Thanks again

Regards

Steve