CCKW RADIATOR CAPS

Facts, Tips, Hints, and other snippets about the CCKW, Chevy, or DUKW
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

CCKW RADIATOR CAPS

Post by joel gopan »

Remember, the original WWII Issue Radiator Cap your truck left the factory with had no rubber seal on the bottom of the pressure valve, the portion that contacts the ledge that is at the inside of the filler neck. Instead there was a fibre gasket that was placed inside the neck for the pressure valve to seal against. If you are using a replacement cap with the rubber seal on the bottom of the pressure valve, the fibre gasket should be removed. The original WWII type gaps will not function if the gasket is not in place.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

The CCKW Cap that GMC installed was rated 4# and had a handle on it. Other than that, it is the same as MB/GPW and 4 Ton Diamond T. NOS CCKW Caps still show up here and there, I may have one or two. They are easier to remove and Install because of the handle. Without the handle it is tough to get a good grip because of the Radiator Tie Rod.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS