OPEN CAB CCKW STOWAGE

Facts, Tips, Hints, and other snippets about the CCKW, Chevy, or DUKW
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

OPEN CAB CCKW STOWAGE

Post by joel gopan »

Snatch Blocks and Tire Chains are stowed under the Driver's Seat when not in use.

Fan Belt, Tire valve cap kit, Tire valve core kit, Cotter Pins, Spark Plug, Friction Tape, and Iron Wire are stowed in Spare Parts Kit Container located under the Co-Driver's seat.

TMs go in Glove Box.

Stay tuned.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

I like to use GI Sand Bags to store the items under the driver's seat in, as I usually stow my ever present Nomex Flying Jacket under the seat when I am not wearing it. I can still get into my 35 year old flight suit from the good old days.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

I can't get into mine anymore, it shrunk up while in the closet. :lol: :lol:
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Joel, do you wear your flight suit and jacket when driving your CCKW, or just the jacket on cool days?
52 M38 Willy's

Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

I am never far from a Flight Jacket, as they are casual and comfortable, once you have worn one you will never leave your house without one. I have a whole closet full of them. I prefer not to doll up in uniforms, that was OK back when but not now. Flight Jacket, Blue Jeans, Hiking Boots and and a cap from one of the several veteran's organizations is parade norm. I guess if I get a chance to go up in a Military flight again, the Flightsuit will go back on. Last time I wore it was on a KC-135 mission, there is nothing like looking out at an F-106 off the wingtip. I notice General Yeager prefers Blue Jeans and Hiking Boots, but I'll never measure up to him. It took me 20 years to wear out seven pair of left over spit shined Corcoran jump boots, no chance of me wearing them again, it takes too long to lace 'em up. I am thinking of a co-ownership in an O-1 in the future. Did you know that the Army had a machine gun simulator that hung on a wing rack fueled by acetylene?
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

:? :? I thought you were in the Army National Guard. I did not know you were in the Air Force National Guard. Frankly I don't like Nomex. It is too hot down here for the stuff to be worn on a regular basis.
I don't have to worry about flying missions anymore so my old flight suit is where it ought to be, hanging in the closet along with my other uniforms all part of another time and history of the past.
I like wearing CCKW.ORG clothing when I drive my CCKW in parades. You shoud get some and then be in style with the rest of us proud owners of CCKW's.
Bill has everything but the pants and the golf shirts will make those jeans look really snappy. :D
52 M38 Willy's

joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

I got around, and had a blast. Uncle Sam opened a lot of doors. Everyone should try it. Run, don't walk, to your nearest recruiting station.
Last edited by joel gopan on Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Thats good and I fondly recall a lot of times in my youth, but I am no longer youthful so I just remember the fun parts and try to forget the bad parts and spend my time with my hobby and my grandchildren.
52 M38 Willy's