IGNITION COILS

Facts, Tips, Hints, and other snippets about the CCKW, Chevy, or DUKW
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

IGNITION COILS

Post by joel gopan »

If your engine has the Original Style Ignition Coil that has the White porcelin on the end, ith porcelin end has to be toward the Distributor. This Coil has Oil in it and may overheat if installed wrong side up. All other coils can be mounted either way. All CCKWs and Chevrolet 4X4 Trucks had the Coil with White porcelin insulator when they left the factory. They may not be on all of the trucks today. Many of the Norwegian Trucks still have the original style Coil.
I am lucky as I was able to find one for my CCKW. You will see pictures of one in TM9-801. They are a bit hard to find today.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

I have one of the original style coils, but do not have it installed, but rather use it in part of a display on original spare equipment and tools when putting up a display in my high school or when the truck is on display.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
mick.wilson
Captain
Captain

Post by mick.wilson »

I bought a used Original Style Ignition Coil from Rex Ward, it was the same price for a new style coil. Sounds like I got a good deal :D .

Mick.
ImageImageImage

514th Q.M T.C We deliver everything, except babies