1942 GMC CCKW RESTORED LONG WHEELBASE DUMP BED CLOSED CAB

CCKW's/Chevy's For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
tuddy5
Draftee

1942 GMC CCKW RESTORED LONG WHEELBASE DUMP BED CLOSED CAB

Post by tuddy5 »

Dump bed CCKW. Older restoration that still looks good but showing wear and not perfect. Although it all looks original for the most part, I don't believe it had a "nut and bolt" original type restoration. Engine runs great, winch works fine, dump bed works fine. Transmission and clutch works as it should. Transfer case works as it should. Lights work. New electric fuel pump. Nothing electrical is hooked up besides the lights, starter, fuel pump, and ignition. Original wiring needs to be replaced, which will be easy in an older vehicle like this. Wiring was losing some sheathing and was unhooked. Turn signals, etc. are not hooked up. Headlights, taillights and running lights work. Dump bed does not bleed off when up. Engine runs nice and starts every time but should have a tune-up, plugs, fluids, etc. It DOESN'T smoke, knock, tick, or have any misses. Water pump has a noise but works and isn't leaking. Key ignition is unhooked and ignition and fuel pump is on a toggel switch. Fuel tank should be cleaned. Has old gas residue and some rust residue. I drained it and have clean gas in it now but exhaust still smells like rotten gas. I'm sure it will clear up when run enough. I'm no expert on these but believe it had a fold out windshield which is now stationary. The truck needs some tinkering but nothing major. Drivers door doesn't open from the inside, things of that sort. It's very mechanically sound and I am a professional mechanic, just have not had time to do much with it. BRAKES WORK. Wheel cylinders were honed. Parking brake works also. Rust on inside panel above windshield and some on the bottom edge of the door. I have found no other rust on the body. These are easy fixes. Rear tires are new, but several years old. They are re-caps and still have the writing on the face of the tread. Front tires have weather checking. I'm sure all tires would be sufficient for most use, unless you plan on putting a lot of miles on it. A picture link and a couple videos included below. I have shipped many vehicles in the past and can help organize shipping. Price is $make fair offer (phone number removed as per FAQ)

http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad26 ... MC%20cckw/
Last edited by tuddy5 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
retro-roco
Captain
Captain

Re: 1942 GMC CCKW RESTORED LONG WHEELBASE DUMP BED CLOSED CA

Post by retro-roco »

Hi,

I'm not an expert by any stretch, but your truck appears to have been lengthened?? Not sure about the bed, but the carrier bearings underneath sure don't look original. We'll see what others who know these trucks say... maybe I'm all wet! :?
Item Co., 23rd Inf. Regt., 2nd Div. WWII HRS
(Retro-Roco)
Bloomington, IL

1942 Chevy 1-1/2 ton cargo w/ winch
194? Ben Hur water trailer
Brad
Captain
Captain

Re: 1942 GMC CCKW RESTORED LONG WHEELBASE DUMP BED CLOSED CA

Post by Brad »

i would say the same about it,i had to shorten mine back to the original lengh of a 353 someone added 24 inches for what ever reason?

Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!