1942 CCKW with 1956 Banam dragline crane

CCKW's/Chevy's For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
catrover
Draftee

1942 CCKW with 1956 Banam dragline crane

Post by catrover »

As most of you very knowledgeable guys will probably figure out, I'm obviously no expert on what I'm selling. Posting it here with hopes of it going to someone that will appreciate it, and not the scrap yard!

Got this home in early April after taking a few weeks to get both engines running.

Brought home a new toy. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Never dug anything with it. Runs and operates, although of coarse it needs some tlc. It sat for 10-12 years without running or moving. Clutch was a little weak at first, but the more we ran and moved it, the better it got. Both strait 6 gas engines run great. Duece has high and low, along with a massive pto winch up front. Power to all 3 axles.

Crane operates as it should. Some levers are a little tough to pull as you'd expect. Everything seems to function right and the engine runs great.

This is obviously not road worthy, unless you're maybe traveling a mile or two. There's a local towing company (Baxters) that's reasonable and has the equipment to move this. If I remember right, it was somewhere around $150 an hour.

This thing is unique as ****, and with little work is ready to dig some holes. All it REALLY needs for that is cable rolled into drag line winch (included) and bucket attached (also included)

Asking $3,100. I know what I could scrap this for, although I don't plan to. It's heavy. If interested, contact me at

In this picture, it show the front rim at an angle. The rim rusted and will be replaced. I Assure you, it's only the rim. Not the hub/knuckle assembly
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: 1942 CCKW with 1956 Banam dragline crane

Post by dr deuce »

The Bantam is not a 4 cyl LeRoi D140? That is what is in mine thet looks just like that one.
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html