Chevy Polesetter For Sale

CCKW's/Chevy's For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Chevy Polesetter For Sale

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Spotted this in someones yard on the way to the Weare Rally in New Hampshire.

Closer inspection revealed a patched over periscope hole. This must have been a pole setter at one time.

Dr. Deuce called the guy and he wants $1500 for it. Yikes! No doors, no interior, homemade fenders and running boards, brake pedal frozen, no wiring to generator or charging system, later model 235 motor, Cab is completely rusted out, and other signs of neglect and age.

All that is of real value is the winch with transfer case.

I post these pics not for the value of the truck but for reference purposes of the winch set-up.

Bill
1945 GMC DUKW
1942 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB,
1944 Chevy 325 Fire Truck
1942 WC-54 Ambulance
1944 M29C Weasel (x6)
1945 CCKW 353 A2 Open Cab "Air-portable"
1943 M5 High Speed Tractor
1942 Sperry Searchlight setup with GE Generator
1942 M-1 Fruehauf Searchlight Trailer (G221)
1942 M-17 Fruehauf Quad 50 Trailer (G221)
1942 M-10 Ammo Trailer (x3)
194? Steel Ben Hur (x4) 194? Wood Ben Hur (x2)
1945 Case VAIW-3 Aircraft Tug
1943 Case VAI USAAF with Mower
1944 Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
1944 PE-95G, 1944 PE-99B
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

I really love the Bubba fenders and running boards. It is hard to believe that kind of modification would be found in Yankee land, as that has southern engineering written all over it. :lol: :lol:
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

You can clearly see the sprockets for the big silent chain that drives the winch. I just noticed there are suppose to be 3 sprockets. The tensioner one is missing.

Also notice the driveshaft coming out of the xfer cast to drive the pole setter /auger transmission/transfercase mounted under the wench.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
bobc
Captain
Captain

chevy K-44

Post by bobc »

I hope the guy isn't waiting an operation on the sale of that truck! I had a complete K-44,original bed with all the drive shafts and chains,the auger set was still there and the 18 inch bit was still on it,it has some rust but nothing like you back east boys,I had it listed on VOV for a couple months and finally sent it to belguim,and I was only asking $1500 for it,and I included enough body parts to fix all the rust,either I sold way cheap or this guys truck has a gold plated frame. I know the guy paid at least my asking price just to get the truck to the west coast,then it had to be shipped as deck cargo because it wouldn't fit in a container,I guess there aren't any over there,and he had the whole chevy communication collection,but he was happy once it arrived,and I was happy with the profit I made on it,which is what this hobby should be about,everyone being happy when all is said and done. Bob.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
Barry Churcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Barry Churcher »

Interesting that the frame is plated. I have put out queries before asking about this very thing. I have a Chevy of undetermined year that I shipped to Canada from Holland. It was partially restored. The fuel tank brackets will not fit roperly over the plating. it was suggested that maybe it was a pole setter or bomb truck frame. Does that make sense? Does anyone have more photos of a pole setter frame? I looked at a bomb truck and ruled it out. I will cure the tank problem by mounting a CCKW tank on the outside of the frame. I saw one like that at Beltring and it looked great.
Cheers,
Barry
1944 Chev. C15TA
DAF YA314 ----- Chev. G506
Ford F15A (4)
Chev C15A (2)
Ben Hur Fuel Transfer
Polynor Trailer
Drone Winch Trailer
GE Searchlight
Nekaf
1953 M38A1