Picture of the Week 11/21/2011

This forum is to discuss all aspect to the lead picture on the first page of CCKW.org. The picture changes every week and will be posted as the first post of the new thread.
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Picture of the Week 11/21/2011

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Patton Command Quarters. Patton Museum. Under restoration.
Dontos
Draftee

Re: Picture of the Week 11/21/2011

Post by Dontos »

For those who may be interested in seeing progress on the Patton Museums CCKW Restoration Project, it is being covered on the website 'Armor For the Ages'.

http://armorfortheages.com/GGPM/Volunte ... ctPage.htm

Regards
Don
arthur.m
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by arthur.m »

Great information about the Patton van! I have a closed-cab ST-6 shop van with some original markings, unfortunately the US # is partly unreadble. "00?92500". The Delivery Date is "10-42". The van body back doors have - among other things - an 11 inch Star across the door opening. I'm eagerly waiting to see what markings You will reveal on the historic Patton vehicle.
Regards Arthur
cckw L2 Dump Truck, cckw shop van, BSA foldable bicycle
Dontos
Draftee

Post by Dontos »

Great information about the Patton van! I have a closed-cab ST-6 shop van with some original markings, unfortunately the US # is partly unreadble. "00?92500". The Delivery Date is "10-42". The van body back doors have - among other things - an 11 inch Star across the door opening. I'm eagerly waiting to see what markings You will reveal on the historic Patton vehicle.
Arthur

I've been able to uncover circle stars on the Hood & Cab Roof, all the markings on the front bumber, and all the suspected markings on the rear of the shop van itself. Unfortunately no sign of any markings on the cab doors. There is definite signs the doors were sanded down, so those star remains were probably removed during one of the post war repaintings.

With all the markings now recorded in-detail, we'll continue to prepare to lift the shop van off the frame to replace the wood beams and to fully clean & then paint the undercarriage.

The raising of the shop van is becoming a daunting task since all the work is being done in a closed off section of the Museum which is not an established mechanical repair facility. We've planned extensively and are awaiting the arrival of the needed equipment to get it done.

Regular updates are being posted:
http://www.armorfortheages.com/GGPM/Vol ... ctPage.htm

Regards from Kentucky
Don