Picture of the Week 8/22/2011

This forum is to discuss all aspect to the lead picture on the first page of CCKW.org. The picture changes every week and will be posted as the first post of the new thread.
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Picture of the Week 8/22/2011

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Cat Man
Major
Major

Re: Picture of the Week 8/22/2011

Post by Cat Man »

Cool hard doors on the SWB GMC. I always wanted a dolly and a trailer.

But wait! What is the story on the other photo? the one with the Cat D-7 in the surf. And don't try and tell me that the CCKW is pushing a stranded Cat ashore!!!

Inquiring minds want to know more

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
Karoshi
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Picture of the Week 8/22/2011

Post by Karoshi »

Cat Man I would'nt be so foolhardy to tell an experienced cat man that a humble GMC cargo is about to push a D-7 ashore. That scenario is obviously impractical.

What's clearly happening here is that the jeep is positioning to push them both. :lol:

The half doors are such a boon in our European climate, makes for a very cosy cab on those not so warm journeys. The picture here is my rig setting of for home after a terrific week at the War & Peace show. Just getting dark hence the poor quality photo. You can just see the beacon on the Hobbs trailer...such a comfort for a slow moving rig. Hauling about 30,000lbs all up, speeds were sometimes slower than would have been nice. The jeep in the back didn't help !