Hi New Here

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
rixtoys52
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Hi New Here

Post by rixtoys52 »

Hi I am new here because I have just aquired a 1942 1 1/2 ton Chevy. I think it has all the attitude of a CCKW but a bunch smaller. It is my second military truck my first is my trusty M37 and M101 trailer. I always have wanted a WW2 vehicle and the 42 is just perfect for me.
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Hi New Here

Post by dr deuce »

Nice looker! (the truck I mean) You need a different shirt....

Welcome
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
rixtoys52
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rixtoys52 »

Thanks Dr Duece.... uh ya the shirt gotta get a Chevy one !!
Cat Man
Major
Major

Post by Cat Man »

Welcome Rix,

All the fun of a CCKW with four fewer wheels and tires. Tell us the rest of the story and post more pictures.

Glad you found us.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
rixtoys52
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rixtoys52 »

Hi Cat Man thanks for the welcome and I'd be glad to post a couple of more pics. Some of the interesting things I like about the truck is it has a GMC 270 with some nice touches . Fenton cast iron headers, Clifford Performance intake, Weber carb , custom ground cam and topped with a GMC 302 head. It has a CCKW tranny and the brakes and rear ends have been redone over the years as well as it has been rewired. It is running on 9.00 x 20's. The previous owner found the truck back in the 90's and built it up over a long time period. He was more or less forced to sell it because of economic tough times. It is a runner not a trailer queen and has lots of life in it and well it hauls butt for a military truck. It needs some freshening for the body and paint as well as some seals and soon tires. I am kicking around the idea of painting it for the USCG from WW2 in honor of my grandfather who was a CPO and served in the auxilary fleet off of Cape Cod and Islands area. I really like this beast and she's a WW2 vet . I have wanted a WW2 truck for a long time and I have loved the CCKW but realized one would just be too big. So when I saw this one advertised I knew she was it, All the look and feel of the bigger truck in a package that would fit in my driveway.
I am glad I found this forum too. I feel that it is great to find other guys with the same passions and knowledge to share. It's One of the nicer things about the world wide web.

On the trailer coming home. took the duels off but once on the trailer realized they could have stayed on.

At home . The tank on the grill is a surge tank for the radiator built by the previous owner.