Hello from Ohio, USA

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
Oldsarge

Hello from Ohio, USA

Post by Oldsarge »

Hello to all from Ohio, USA,
I bought a 1942 G506 Chevy 1-1/2 ton truck last summer from a fellow in Springfield, Ohio. He had it for about 20 years, and wanted it preserved. According to what he knew and the serial #, the 'old girl' was put together as a cargo version, no winch, in California in 1942. It probably never went overseas, but was a 'base truck' here in the States. Somewhere along the line the cargo bed was removed and extra spring stops were added, and it was supposedly fitted with a 500 gallon water tank, painted red and used by a fire dept as a 'brush truck'. Later, the tank was removed and she pulled logs out of the woods with a chain around the back frame. The bumpettes (sic?) were removed and a hitch bar welded on the back. Rescued and stored inside and pushed around and spent time outside. So I have a running chassis, cab and all front sheet metal, and six extra rims and tires.

The truck is now in a barn workshop. I have a rebuilt carb from here in Dayton, Ohio; a repaired metal cargo bed from Indiana, and a gas tank and brackets from Montana. She needs a wire harness, brake work, knuckle seal on front axle, muffler and tail pipe, seat, and fuel filter/system work. The old 235 engine runs fine! The cab needs body work. Will I drive it to the National Convention in August. 2011 here in Dayton? Probably not, but it's fun to dream.

Thanks for accepting me into this club and worldwide source of information. Forgive me for not introducing myself sooner.
God bless you guys,
Best regards,
Ron (Oldsarge)
tetonale

Re: Hello from Ohio, USA

Post by tetonale »

Welcome aboard Ron. You will find lots of excellent information on this website.

I used to have family out there in Athens, Ohio but they moved to Colorado years ago. :D

Mike
Brad
Captain
Captain

Re: Hello from Ohio, USA

Post by Brad »

Welcome aboard, nice to here what you've done to the old girl! :D
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!