GMC RESTORATION ON GOING, need helps

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
robbby84
Draftee

GMC RESTORATION ON GOING, need helps

Post by robbby84 »

Hi guy!
I'm Rob from Italy and I'm here to tell you about my CCKW 353.
I bought it last year and now, after my Dodge restoration (http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=155494) , I started to restore it.
Part of restoration was made from last owner ( new rebuilt engine, banjos checked, frame primed, ecc ecc): me, an my father, started our work from the body: during its 67 years of life ,it was used hard and with no respect :(
Unfortunatly the last owner unpainted it totally , so I can't find original numbers or any simbols.But he told me that he found this numbers on hood:

41 8 6105 ( number eight had a circle all around, diameter 3", other numbers height 4")

There was the broken circle star , also, on the hood.

There was, I don't know where exactly, these letters:

CO FT
WT 10100

Anyone could tell me something about these letters/numbers and hood's numbers???
If you try to put "CO FT" on google, it says " Commanding Oficers": what does it means?

Thank you guys.
And now, some pics of GMC:
abn CCKW

Re: GMC RESTORATION ON GOING, need helps

Post by abn CCKW »

Nice looking GMC , looks like a lot of hard work has been done , the chassis and drive line and cab all look like they have been cleaned sand blasted and only the cab drivers door awaits repainting :D . Of course that's only the start as the entire truck will need rewiring .
Do you know exactly what else the previous owner had done to it ? brakes , engine, transmission ? .
I can't answer you questions on the markings but I m sure one of the others that can will be along soon .
Oh and Welcome to the Group.
robbby84
Draftee

Post by robbby84 »

[quote="abn CCKW"]Nice looking GMC , looks like a lot of hard work has been done , the chassis and drive line and cab all look like they have been cleaned sand blasted and only the cab drivers door awaits repainting :D . Of course that's only the start as the entire truck will need rewiring .
Do you know exactly what else the previous owner had done to it ? brakes , engine, transmission ? .
I can't answer you questions on the markings but I m sure one of the others that can will be along soon .
Oh and Welcome to the Group.[/quote

Thank you
During these sunny weekend I painted frame in OD and some other parts, like cab floor and doors parts.Cab and doors are quiet finished...
The previous owner did a lot of work: engine rebuilt, new braes, trasmission checked, new seals.
I have to repair body (cab, doors, fenders, ecc) but it isn't so bad :D

Some more photos of my recent work:

Ciao!
R.
Cat Man
Major
Major

Post by Cat Man »

Robby,

As fellow collectors who have all been thru the process, we know and really appreciate how much hard and dirty work these projects are. And you have done a great job.

It looks just great! Keep going. It is worth it when it is done.

Cheers

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
robbby84
Draftee

Post by robbby84 »

Thank you all for compliments. :D

Our work is on going: during the weekend , we painted with OD the cab, just to see if the body is still dented . We 're quiet satisfied! It's not perfect, but we decided to leave some "history's signs",just to show in future that this truck worked honestly for over 65 years!

Here's some photos of cab's history: wink::

CIAO!
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

It looks really good , You have been putting in a lot of hours to have done so much work .