hello from France, GMCVERT

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
gmcvert
Private First Class
Private First Class

hello from France, GMCVERT

Post by gmcvert »

Hi, i live in France, my name is ghislain, i Have a GMC 352b1 number 37463. Born in 41 ( jimmy! not me!) i Buy my GM when i have 20, now i have 31.
this is my GMC;
In this moment i restore a new dash. I found a early dash with ash tray,trim.
see you soon
y a rien qui va mal !!
m38cdnbill
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: hello from France, GMCVERT

Post by m38cdnbill »

Salut Ghislain,

Happy to read you on the U.S. website of GMC CCKW. I'm amazed every time I see the age when Europeans are buying their first CCKW. Often we see in Europe fans as young as 19-20 years with one or two trucks in their collections.

Will you be at Bastogne the weekend of 11-12-13 December?

Cheers from Canada
Guy aka M38CDNBill
1945 Willys MB
1942 Chevrolet G7107
gmcvert
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gmcvert »

Hi, my first truck is this GMC buy when i was 20. Seven years for complete restore. My second truck is a dodge wc52 buy 3 month ago, Sunday it's my birthday, i have 32. For Bastogne i don't think go. With my job, truck driver but in a overlaod firm. I difficult for have a long week, 3 or 4 days ! :lol:
a little picture of my truck use in my job. (sorry if my english is not correct)
y a rien qui va mal !!
m38cdnbill
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by m38cdnbill »

Salut Ghislain,

I know Oxelaere. Some friends and I went few times in the past at Vimy Ridge near Arras and then go to Dunkirk, we took the small country roads to join the E429 and we've been by Oxelaere. I haven't tasted it but my friends have eaten the Boulet de Cassel which seems to be the cheese of the place.

WOW!Beautiful truck, split dolly and low bed. In North-America we don't see many COE trucks on highways of Canada and USA. Here, models of heavy trucks are Freightliner, Kenworth, International-Harvestor, Mack, Peterbuilt, Western-Star, Sterling and sometimes Volvo.

Tell me Ghislain, are you sure you're doing something else than holding a steering wheel during weeks and week-ends :lol: Hey mates from Canada/USA, do you remember the movie "Convoy" with Kris Kristofferson, Ali MacGraw and Ernest Borgnine. AHHHH! Souvenirs, souvenirs :lol: :lol:

Cheers from Canada
Guy aka M38CDNBill
1945 Willys MB
1942 Chevrolet G7107
gmcvert
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gmcvert »

wow! le boulet de Cassel, great cheese. In this time i take my week-end to restore my dodge, and the steering wheel is not in place!! :D thanks a lot i'm happy to know you.
y a rien qui va mal !!
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

Welcome , Nice looking truck you have there!Drive safe and enjoy the Group.