Greetings from Germany!

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
Grease_Monkey
Draftee

Greetings from Germany!

Post by Grease_Monkey »

Hello everybody!

My name is Alois (Louis), MY 1981, from Bavaria in Germany. To be more accurate i live near Nuremberg. I am a good friend of Chris_M and also his grease monkey since he has his truck.
I am an active volunteer in a nearby museum for about five years now. I maintain, restore and USE :) the museum's and its members' vehicles and equipment, and do all other kinds of work.
Last year, I finally made my hobby occupation and started working as an mechanic for the US Army. We maintain a big motorpool of HMMWVs, 5 tons, LMTV/FMTV, HEMTTs etc.
I collect old things since my very early age, including some cars and motorbikes. However I always was fascinated by millitary (specially WW2) and so last year I got myself my first MV, a beautyfull early 352 closed cab. Its been restored about 10 years ago and still is in a very good shape. As it has been build up as an artillery tractor, it came with a winch, gun mount and ammo crane (see pictures below). I have not asked the pre-owner many about the details yet, so I don't even know the VIN :lol:. So far I spent all the time driving and getting to know it. Special thanks to "Mr Ebbes" :wink:, who made me a good price after getting it to drive after sitting outside for 3 years.

I know this forum for quite a while now, and I must say u guys have the hang out of this. Keep up the good work!

Grease Monkey

Pics of our convoy at the parade in Happurg, Germany 25/26 April 2009. The 353 open cab is Chris_M's truck.

Image[/url]

Some random museum pics:
My favourite vehicles. A White Halftrack and a '58 BTR 40

The BTR 40 stuck during night driving on infrared NV 8)

US forces captured this polish made MT-LB in Kuwait during Desert Storm. Mr Ebbes on a joyride (with 175 cms I am too small to look out the hatch :?)

Some youtube videos:
BTR 40 chasing the MT-LB

Video from the parade in Happurg.
Last edited by Grease_Monkey on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

Welcome, Great group of vehicles and nice photo's