hello from California

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
4FTTY4
Draftee

hello from California

Post by 4FTTY4 »

Hey my name is Nick, I don't currently own a truck, but I may in the near future. There is a CCKW near my house that the owner is going to scrap if he can't find a buyer for it. He said it is a 1940, and originally had a winch bumper and a boom on the back, both of which are now gone. The truck has been sitting in a field for somewhere around 10 years, and has an owner built flatbed mounted on the back. Here's what I'm looking at... anyone have info or opinions? Thanks! Nick

armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Hi and welcome Nick. That is an open cab truck, therefore would be from 1943 to 45 and looks totally restorable to me. It is in better condition than my old Betty Boop when I got here( look at before and after section on this post)
Good luck and we are glad you are going to start posting on the board. Please keep us updated with lots of photos. :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Degsy
Captain
Captain

Post by Degsy »

Welcome to the forum Nick, whilst AD is correct that the open cab was introduced during 1943 your truck could possibly be of earlier manufacture and had its original cab replaced during a rebuild. If you post your chassis no. on here its actual date of manufacture can be ascertained.
GMC 352 B1
MVT
Over fifty mis-spent years of working on and
driving cars,trucks and agricultural and construction plant .
S p r u e o n e
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by S p r u e o n e »

Hi Nick, I'm from California too. And also new to this forum.