Hello World, and Birmingham (UK, That Is)

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
ash 0-00
Private

Hello World, and Birmingham (UK, That Is)

Post by ash 0-00 »

Hello, I've had my 353 rag top for quite a few years and my Ford GPW for a year or two longer. I got the urge to buy it after trying to camp next to the jeep in a tent in a storm, so I bought a bit of a wreck (no canvases, wood flooring missing and no brakes). I've spent a few pound on it and it's looking good, neglecting the jeep abit now though. It was called "Lady Jane" when I bought it, but I had to name it after the wife, "Lady Nadine", to keep her happy (I used money saved to buy bedroom furniture to purchase the truck) I got the silent treatment for a while, but it was worth it. She could do with a lick of paint (Truck not wife) now, nudge nudge Chappers, and has a new set of Worthing canvases ready to go on.
I also have a Californian 1974 VW Camper, from Huntingdon Beach, which I also throw money at.
Thanks for reading,
Ash, Birmingham U.K.
'43 353
'44 Ford GPW
Chappers
Captain
Captain

Post by Chappers »

Hi Ash,great to have you here on the forum. I'm looking forward to giving Lady Nadine a good seeing too in the near future as she could do with a fresh dress of paint. How did you get on this weekend with your brakes??I take it you got home safely.I asked a few of the Jeep drivers and a few other guys to keep a lookout incase you were laid up somewhere.

Catch you later Ash,

Regards

Steve
UK Jack
Major
Major

Post by UK Jack »

Welcome aboard Ash!

I am hoping that you and Steve know each other as otherwise "I'm looking forward to giving Lady Nadine a good seeing too" could sound slightly suspicious :shock:

Best wishes.

Jack.
www.hmvf.co.uk
A forum for historic military vehicles - inspired by Bill & CCKW.org!!!

Nothing is permanent in life, except change.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Man you guys from the UK have all the good stuff and apparantly a lot of really good chaps to drive these old trucks. It is great fun conversing with you guys. Welcome aboard Ash and I know you will really enjoy this site.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Chappers
Captain
Captain

Post by Chappers »

Well Jack when I was looking for a GMC a few years ago,I stumbled across one for sale and guess what it was Ash that was selling his 353 He decided not to sell in the end after I tried to knock him down on price due to a few bits that needed doing, so I went off and brought the 353 I have now. He has lent me a few special tools for rebuilding a Dodge engine (Thanks Ash).
I've said to Ash I will help rebuild his "Lady Nadine" at my yard once I've finished my 352 rebuild.

Ash only lives a few miles away so we see each other quite regularly.
Anyway The real "Lady Nadine" has just had a baby so I think this is an opportunity to congratulate you both and let the world know. Congrats Nadine and Ash :D :D :D :D
ash 0-00
Private

Post by ash 0-00 »

Cheers Chappers. :D :D :D
'43 353
'44 Ford GPW