Intro

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
Colin Britton
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Intro

Post by Colin Britton »

Well first let me say I'm not new to this site as I've been enjoying it for quite some time.
But as I have recently picked up a 1945 open cab LWB CCKW with composite body, W/W I might as well introduce myself, as I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions as soon as my CCKW gets trucked down from PA.
I am an active duty paratrooper, combat medic and prior service combat engineer in the 82nd Abn Div. here at Ft Bragg.
I do living history with the 82nd War Memorial Museum here on Ft Bragg with our LHD (living history detachment).
And this is my second project MV my first is a 44MB that is currently torn down to a rolling chassis, but with the OP tempo since 911 and deployments to very arid sandy parts of the globe. I havent had the time to complete this major restoration. But the Jimmy runs, drives and stops and is very mechanically sound so I hope to have this cleaned up and at least painted the right color OD and not the CARC green that it came from Europe in before All American Week in May here at Bragg.
Thanks for all advice and answers to my impending questions in advance.

ATW,

Colin "Doc" Britton
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Welcome Doc...Great to have you on the site....we are honored.

First...My family and I thank you for your service. Stay safe.

Don't be bashful about asking questions about the CCKW...there are a bunch of great guys on this site who will help anyway they can.

Once you get the beauty done please send us pictures.

Bill
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

Hi Colin,

Ditto to what Weasel_Nut said above,and enjoy your truck!

Matt.
March 1942 Dodge WC-56 Command Car,1229th QM.
Oct.1943 Dodge WC-52 Weapons Carrier,854th BS.
Jan.1943 CCKW LeRoi Compressor.
UK Jack
Major
Major

Post by UK Jack »

Welcome aboard Colin, great to have you here.

Best wishes.

Jack.
www.hmvf.co.uk
A forum for historic military vehicles - inspired by Bill & CCKW.org!!!

Nothing is permanent in life, except change.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Welcome Colin
I spent some time at Bragg, many years ago. It is nice to have you younger guys interested in these old trucks. Thanks for your service to our great nation during this time of strife. What is your MOS? I was an infantry officer before becoming an aviation officer. My son is a regular Army officer and is in aviation also. currently serving.
Welcome and don't be afraid to ask. No matter how much one knows there is always something else to learn.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Colin Britton
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Intro

Post by Colin Britton »

Well Army, I am A 91W Combat Medic. I was formerly a 12B Combat Engineer, which now is been changed to 21B. No idea why they changed.
And at 40 years old I'm not sure if I qualify as being one of the younger members of this group.... But yes we do have plenty of young 20 somethings Troopers that are interested in the Living History of the 82nd during WWII and are members of the LHD like myself and support the 82nd War Memorial Museum here on Bragg.

ATW,

Doc Britt.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

That a heck of a lot younger than me. I turn 66 years old tomorrow and that is getting pretty old. Where did you do your combat medic training? We train a lot of combat medics at Fort Sam Houston, and that is where I teach school now. I have been there nearly 20 years now, same classroom and same parking spot. :D
Thanks again for serving at such a critical part in our nations history.
I was a medical evacuation pilot with the 68th in Nam and then flew medical evacuation in Hawaii for three years before becoming a pathfinder pilot in the 101st Airborne.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans