1942 GMC CCKW 353 6x6 cargo army truck - SOLD

This area is for ebay, Craigslist, GSA, Government Liquication or other auctions. It should include auctions for WWII trucks, parts, trailers, and directly related equipment and accessories, for CCKW, Chevrolet 1.5 ton, US-6, M5-6, DUKW, and WWII trucks larger than 2.5 ton vehicles only.

Moderator: Bill_Wolf

jstandle
Draftee

1942 GMC CCKW 353 6x6 cargo army truck - SOLD

Post by jstandle »

*SOLD*

FOR SALE - 1942 GMC CCKW 353. We are the first civilian owners of this truck. It is 99% rust free (a little has started on the inside bottom of the drivers door) but everything else, including the floorboards are in great shape. Body and bed is in excellent condition. Has troop carrier seats that fold down in the bed, great for parades. The bed and fuel tank are not originals to the truck. The bed is post-WWII and I'm not sure what the fuel tank is from, it's mounted outside the frame rail on the passenger side. We have a current Oregon title as well as an original title of when it was transfered from the Government to the Eastern Oregon Experimental Station in 1958.

We just got the truck running again after sitting for 10+ years. Rebuilt the carburetor, new fuel pump, cleaned fuel tank/lines and now it runs great. It still needs the brakes fixed, we're just using it's low gearing and parking brake to move it around. If we fix the brakes we'll raise the asking price accordingly. The tires are very old and only the front are the military style.

Here's a youtube video I made just after we got it running again;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkckoT5XlEg

Trade offers welcome, we are interested in heavy equipment, equipment or car trailers or UTVs like a Yamaha Rhino or Polaris Ranger side-by-side.

Located in Pilot Rock, Oregon

Last edited by jstandle on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jstandle
Draftee

Re: 1942 GMC CCKW 353 6x6 cargo army truck - OREGON

Post by jstandle »

*Update* I tossed the truck on Ebay last night, $4000 with no reserve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CCKW-353 ... 502wt_1165