USGI Ammo can Spray Paint

This area is for ebay, Craigslist, GSA, Government Liquication or other auctions. It should include auctions for WWII trucks, parts, trailers, and directly related equipment and accessories, for CCKW, Chevrolet 1.5 ton, US-6, M5-6, DUKW, and WWII trucks larger than 2.5 ton vehicles only.

Moderator: Bill_Wolf

halifaxgroup
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

USGI Ammo can Spray Paint

Post by halifaxgroup »

I am really happy to offer this spray paint to everyone. Until now there has been little in the way of options to correctly paint those WWII metal ammo cans. Having almost 200 cans in my own collection, I was determined to come up with the correct shade of semi-gloss olive drab.
There are actually two shades used, I opted to produce the one that is the most common on .30 ammo cans, since there is nothing available that comes close to this shade. I also had two cans that were brought back in 1945 by my father; and kept in a very dark and dry place until I retrieved them from my grandparents.

The website www.tm9ordnance.com has been updated with the ammo can spray paint. Check out the "Research" page. To order go to the "Products" page. Paul
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 Ben Hur
M-20 Armored Utility Car
And 3 CCKW's!