Studebaker ebay...cont.

This area is for ebay, Craigslist, GSA, Government Liquication or other auctions. It should include auctions for WWII trucks, parts, trailers, and directly related equipment and accessories, for CCKW, Chevrolet 1.5 ton, US-6, M5-6, DUKW, and WWII trucks larger than 2.5 ton vehicles only.

Moderator: Bill_Wolf

42cckw
Captain
Captain

Post by 42cckw »

This truck is on the same line as the DUKW that was on ebay twice and that did not sell, big bucks :shock: it is however a rare truck in that condition, it's just going to take a person with deep pockets and thats not me :lol: I hope it finds a good home it belongs in a working museum :wink:
Last edited by 42cckw on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Agreed 42cckw she is a rarity.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by John V Cliche »

Rare indeed

But is it worth the asking price ?

Regards
John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
42cckw
Captain
Captain

Post by 42cckw »

Hi John
I would say probably yes just because of (1) the rarity of the truck (2) its almost NOS condition with all of its original accessories, think about it some 60 years after it was made in almost NOS condition talk about rare :shock: YA its worth the asking price, the only thing stoping most of us is money :cry: but to a serious collector it would be like striking gold :!: what would a GMC in the same condition be worth. You have the trucks history, what a big plus that is , most of us GMC guys can only dream about what ,were and who had our trucks before us.The whole truck is in unmolested condition right down to the blue hood reg number, I can only guess what my hood number is , This truck is a super rare find, to find a truck in the same condition one has to look to the bottom of the north atlantic :cry: , it is to bad it's missing a body, that may be hard to find , but to answer your :?: in my mind YA its worth it, I just wish I had the money to buy it and that truck would be in my barn right next to my GMC what a pair that would make :!:
JIM 42CCKW
oldreliable9_47
Captain
Captain

Post by oldreliable9_47 »

It is hard to put a value on something like that when theres not a market set for such things. Sad thing is this.....I live a little over 1 hr from him.. :D
Mark Mason
Anderson, Indiana
GMC CCKW 353
MVPA #29624
42cckw
Captain
Captain

Post by 42cckw »

The Hundred grand Studebaker has been removed from Ebay :roll: does any one know what happened :?: Did some one use the buy it now for 115 grand, How about it Mark you live near by do you have the scoop :wink: